critique heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

limogirl

Reaction score
This is my show/4-H heifer for the year she looks alittle(ok alot) ruff because we just yanked them out of the field and tied them up to see what the looked like after the winter.

The pic are awful so just do the best you can thanks.

she's a purebred limousin yearling weighed in at 876 last weekend

000_4254.jpg

000_4253.jpg

000_4252.jpg

She looks pretty darn good to me. Just get to rinsin and combin that hair everyday so it's trained all nice and pretty and you got yerself a nice lil show heifer. If anything is wrong with her, it looks like her tailhead is a little high, especially in the first picture. But on the profile pictures it wasn't as noticable. Once you get her clipped and pretty it'll probably be more visible cause you'll bring down that hair on her back and it won't blend as well. But aside from that, she's a nice heifer that I wouldn't mind havin on my string.

to me, she looks a little steerish from the side, but has a feminine head. her hindquarters are weak for a limousin. not too clean fronted. I bet when you get her fed out some and all dolled up she will look nice.

Not a bad limi. Would like to see her a little cleaner up front and a little Soggier made. But she has some power and looks like she will do good on feed.

Nice calf! Good luck!

I would like to see her more feminine and cleaner in front and have more meat and thicker in the rear quarter.

Might wanna get a sweat on her for that neck. It'll clean it up a little bit. I agree with her slight lack in the hind area but it looks like she's got enough hair that you might be able to hide that some.

Nice heifer.

Excellent length and decent depth. Honey likes her hock-set.

What's she been getting for feed (hay, ration, silage)?

Hope you'll remember to post some pics of her when you start showing her (I really enjoy these ).

Take care and have an fun year in 4H with your heifer.

ps. Do you have any pics of her from directly behind?

Latest posts