Creep Feeding ????

Help Support CattleToday:

tennesseebear

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a small creep feeder. I've heard from some that it is worth the money, and from others that it is not. It is a 650# feeder for $525. Tell me what you think.

tennesseebear":8ugeypqf said:
Thinking of buying a small creep feeder. I've heard from some that it is worth the money, and from others that it is not. It is a 650# feeder for $525. Tell me what you think.
Sounds like too much $$$ to me. How do you plan to use it in your program?

just bought a real heavy duty 1000lb feeder for $734 in middle tn let me know if your interested.

The price seems a little high to me.. I think I paid $800 or so a couple years ago for a 1500# feeder... I use mine in a purebred operation... I only use it the 4 - 5 weeks prior to weaning... Main reason is to get the calves to eating... It also helps a little on weights..

I see a little price break around 3 tons. Depending on your operation it may be worth finding a used Apache and buying larger quantity.

tennesseebear":gfwv7rz2 said:

Can't tell you what I think until you tell me what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to transition weaning calves over to feed? Are you trying to put pounds on your calves? Or are you trying to do something else?

525.00 does not sound out of line for that size creep. It will pay for itself with the increased size on your calves. :cboy: good luck

Latest posts