Creep Feeders tips??

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
I live in Florida and I am thinking about buying a creep feeder. I'm thinking about a 3 ton to feed cows.
What's a good brand? What's a good deal?
One guy I spoke to said he regretted not buying galvanized.

Is there anywhere you can get good used creep feeders?

Apache makes a good one. But there are others that are real good as well. Look up C&B outdoors. I think they are in Athens, Alabama. They have several in their website with descriptions.

jehosofat":24gcqwpf said:
Hardest thing you can try to find used. Just go buy a new one.

They are hard to find used. Bought a used one a few after I got into the cow business. It was pretty ragged. Paid $300. Bought some reynobond and lined the bottom where it was rusted out. Glued and screwed it, then caulked the joints. Painted it, added a jack and two tires. No creep gates on the feeder so I use portable panels and two HD creep gates that I bought. Been using it for about 7 years now. It ain't pretty but it works fine. Not for road trips though. Figure I've got $600 in it plus time. Being broke will make you come up with all kinds of remedies. Will buy new next time unless I find a steal.

I bought a 3c creep feeder last year that loads from a truck feeder. I think it only hold a 1.5 - 2 tons though. Not sure if you have an overhead and truck feeder but if so I really like it.

Thanks for all the info. I was concerned about used feeders because of rust.

Lucky,
There's a feed place that doesn't bag feed. Usually, people load barrels but some have creep feeders they load from above.
I don't know if that is what you mean.

Air gator":1fm1644b said:
Thanks for all the info. I was concerned about used feeders because of rust.

Lucky,
There's a feed place that doesn't bag feed. Usually, people load barrels but some have creep feeders they load from above.
I don't know if that is what you mean.

https://youtu.be/BK2j1ClMZqA

This is what I have. It's on skids so it's easy to move. You could load it with sacks or barrels easy too.

Latest posts