Creep feeder?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy a portable 3k to 4k# Creep Feeder with calves pen and all. What have you all had good luck with? I'm wanting a good one as my cows are chow hounds. LOL. I've been looking at the GWS one online but not in person they are all steel but have a Poly pan. Most used ones I find are either without the fold up pens or rusted out or both. Wasn't sure where to post this so, just went to the Café! LOL :tiphat: B&G

B&G I had an apache creep feeder and loved it. When I sold most of my herd the purchaser also bought that. I never had any issues with it. If I understand what you are looking for.

skyhightree1":767d7qsa said:
B&G I had an apache creep feeder and loved it. When I sold most of my herd the purchaser also bought that. I never had any issues with it. If I understand what you are looking for.
I've seen those as well. I'm looking for the kind on wheels that the calf pens fold up and you take them and get them filled up of move elsewhere. Thanks B&G

Black and Good":2rosczqj said:
skyhightree1":2rosczqj said:

I've seen those as well. I'm looking for the kind on wheels that the calf pens fold up and you take them and get them filled up of move elsewhere. Around here it seems all you see are Feed King creep feeders in that size. Thanks B&G

I have a apache feeder with the creep gates. I really like it, it's build good and I have never had a cow get into it to the feed. I have had some of those smaller creep feeder that hold around 500 lbs or so and haven't had good luck with them. Last winter had a cow some how get inside trough the creep gate and was eatting the feed problem was she couldn't get back out. She went crazy and started dragging the whole feeder down through the pasture and ended up in the middle of the pound. Some how she was able to get out alive. I didn't see all this go down but my neighbor did and he called me to tell me what was happening and i thought that he had gone crazy but sure enough when I got there the cow was dripping with water and the feeder was InThe middle of the pound.

Black and Good":2gjtytzm said:
Black and Good":2gjtytzm said:
skyhightree1":2gjtytzm said:

I've seen those as well. I'm looking for the kind on wheels that the calf pens fold up and you take them and get them filled up of move elsewhere. Around here it seems all you see are Feed King creep feeders in that size. Thanks B&G

The apachees are on wheels u fold up the creep gates and you can take it down the road. I pull mine from my rented farm back to the house full it up with grain then take it back up the road. Mine holds around 3 tons of feed u can get bigger ones

pricefarm":1amq627y said:
I have a apache feeder with the creep gates. I really like it, it's build good and I have never had a cow get into it to the feed. I have had some of those smaller creep feeder that hold around 500 lbs or so and haven't had good luck with them. Last winter had a cow some how get inside trough the creep gate and was eatting the feed problem was she couldn't get back out. She went crazy and started dragging the whole feeder down through the pasture and ended up in the middle of the pound. Some how she was able to get out alive. I didn't see all this go down but my neighbor did and he called me to tell me what was happening and i thought that he had gone crazy but sure enough when I got there the cow was dripping with water and the feeder was InThe middle of the pound.

Wow! Thank for the info. I'll look into Apache feeders. B&G

Black and Good":3br4avcv said:
skyhightree1":3br4avcv said:
I've seen those as well. I'm looking for the kind on wheels that the calf pens fold up and you take them and get them filled up of move elsewhere. Thanks B&G

B&G this is what im talking about its the same thing you want

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/ ... ew/2926623

skyhightree1":2nc69tx7 said:
Black and Good":2nc69tx7 said:
skyhightree1":2nc69tx7 said:

Yep that is what I have.

Yea that's what I had I liked it and will get another but now I don't have enough cattle to justify it. I use the regular size creeps now.

skyhightree1":pqw7h3hj said:
Black and Good":pqw7h3hj said:
skyhightree1":pqw7h3hj said:

Yep, That's it.

We have two Apache self feeders with the creep option. One still has the creep pen, the other did not last the first year. If the momma cows are intent on getting to the feed, they will.
The feeder that still has the creep attachment is with a group of cows more laid back.
We still use the other self feeder to creep calves. Just have it set up inside some heavy panels with a creep panel entrance.
We no longer pull either feeder on the road to have feed loaded. The tires on neither feeder are in perfect alignment and wore to the nylon after a few trips. It was a 30 mile pull one way. We were feeding a blend of pellets then. We still have Ag tires on one feeder, have truck tires on the other.
I fed brewers grain in one feeder last year to see if it would work. I had to climb up and poke the lodged feed down once a day. Was still better than carrying feed to that pasture each day.

Latest posts