creep feed

Help Support CattleToday:

Preston my question to you is about the PETA comments what are you trying to imply? Maybe I am a simple minded old man so spell it out in plain english.

Crowderfarms":3tw4lapy said:
share information such as the Fence Row thread like some preppy geek with a sweater tied around his neck clearing with a who knows what Craftsman Product

dang just about spilt my coffee on that one lol

Caustic Burno":2plktyf6 said:
Preston my question to you is about the PETA comments what are you trying to imply? Maybe I am a simple minded old man so spell it out in plain english.
======

caustic,

Sorry the post was not clear and/or incomplete. Just as I inferred...PETA watches/reads these type boards...because they disagree...generally that ranchers should be able to protect their investment against predatory wild animals. They watch the fashion industry and ranched furry critters and others also.

I am sure they would refer to it in a different fashion but, that's what it comes down to. So there is a general...waiting to attack syndrome...... out there consistent with their charter.....eg...protect wild life.

Since they don't agree that cattleman need and must have the right to protect...thus the adage that if you.... "don't like the message'...... and laws restrain..." attack the messinger"... when you can.

Contrary to some thinking, I happen to believe PETA has done a wonderful historical job with protecting and fostering tolerance of our wild life. I love all of G-d's little ceatures. However,(I hope they are reading this one ) they are going about it the wrong way IMO.

They should be working to establish a fund...... national/by state.... which reimburses a rancher for the validated loss by wild life to the operation, based on harvest time value. If that should happen I doubt anyone on this board would even be talking about a yote, cougar,etc.,because there would be no need.

Some would say such system would be abused with false charges againist predators. There's a very simple solution. The sheriff or game management official in the area must see and validate the loss.
The rancher gets paid...very few predators killed(limited) everyone would be happy. Notwithstanding the argument by some that we cannot afford it..we are spending a billion a day(IMO) in Iraq,...with Iran and North Korean conflicts starring us in the face. We can afford it.

The rancher has always had to bear the brunt of of their losses in our society...with little help. Bad hay forage/grain season, bad weather,hot/cold, higher equipment prices with same....or in some cases... lower product value. The farmer can not absorb any further losses and survive. Thus ...last I heard...only 3/4 of one perent of our population live on a farm and in a declining state. Some say the construction industry is as vulnerable as the rancher. Not true. The construction job can wait a few days when it rains, to hot, snow...and resume.... little if any loss. We can't wait..when the production time is right no room for delay. No second chance. Gotta do it.

Lengthy, :oops: but the details were necessary.

brokenmouth":3syffcvg said:
Crowderfarms":3syffcvg said:
share information such as the Fence Row thread like some preppy geek with a sweater tied around his neck clearing with a who knows what Craftsman Product

dang just about spilt my coffee on that one lol
=============
brokenmouth...so did I. :lol:

preston39":27o5fgjg said:
Caustic Burno":27o5fgjg said:
======

caustic,

Sorry the post was not clear and/or incomplete. Just as I inferred...PETA watches/reads these type boards...because they disagree...generally that ranchers should be able to protect their investment against predatory wild animals. They watch the fashion industry and ranched furry critters and others also.

I am sure they would refer to it in a different fashion but, that's what it comes down to. So there is a general...waiting to attack syndrome...... out there consistent with their charter.....eg...protect wild life.

Since they don't agree that cattleman need and must have the right to protect...thus the adage that if you.... "don't like the message'...... and laws restrain..." attack the messinger"... when you can.

Contrary to some thinking, I happen to believe PETA has done a wonderful historical job with protecting and fostering tolerance of our wild life. I love all of G-d's little ceatures. However,(I hope they are reading this one ) they are going about it the wrong way IMO.

They should be working to establish a fund...... national/by state.... which reimburses a rancher for the validated loss by wild life to the operation, based on harvest time value. If that should happen I doubt anyone on this board would even be talking about a yote, cougar,etc.,because there would be no need.

Some would say such system would be abused with false charges againist predators. There's a very simple solution. The sheriff or game management official in the area must see and validate the loss.
The rancher gets paid...very few predators killed(limited) everyone would be happy. Notwithstanding the argument by some that we cannot afford it..we are spending a billion a day(IMO) in Iraq,...with Iran and North Korean conflicts starring us in the face. We can afford it.

The rancher has always had to bear the brunt of of their losses in our society...with little help. Bad hay forage/grain season, bad weather,hot/cold, higher equipment prices with same....or in some cases... lower product value. The farmer can not absorb any further losses and survive. Thus ...last I heard...only 3/4 of one perent of our population live on a farm and in a declining state. Some say the construction industry is as vulnerable as the rancher. Not true. The construction job can wait a few days when it rains, to hot, snow...and resume.... little if any loss. We can't wait..when the production time is right no room for delay. No second chance. Gotta do it.

Peta fan and a cattle rancher thats an oxymoron. I am convinced your kanobblin pin has sheared. Peta fosteing tolerance of our wildlife cowflop the nuts are potesting fishing on the Gulf Coast now.
Now I going to try and say this real slow if you keep folling the Pied Piper
Peta you will be eating tofo Follow the tree huggers you will be walking and freezing. Not counting the thousands of Americans out of work.
Peta,EPA. Communism, Satanism and Welfare are all varmits knawing at the very fabric of this country.

Caustic Burno":3k4451u4 said:
preston39":3k4451u4 said:
Caustic Burno":3k4451u4 said:
======

caustic,

Peta fan and a cattle rancher thats an oxymoron. I am convinced your kanobblin pin has sheared. Peta fosteing tolerance of our wildlife cowflop the nuts are potesting fishing on the Gulf Coast now.
Now I going to try and say this real slow if you keep folling the Pied Piper
Peta you will be eating tofo Follow the tree huggers you will be walking and freezing. Not counting the thousands of Americans out of work.
Peta,EPA. Communism, Satanism and Welfare are all varmits knawing at the very fabric of this country.
==========
caustic,

Call it as you may...I agree with you in general. I did not say I agreed with everything PETA says/does....there's a big difference. I do disagree with you in lumping several different unrelated challenges to our traditional way of life under one umbrella. Doesn't fit.

Preston I think they all fit and are all tied in with the New world order. You want to be a cattleman and have a few cows. I just wouldn't come to any Texas salebarn talking that Peta garabage, no way around it you would take a beatin.

preston39":y3fia2ks said:
Bama":y3fia2ks said:
preston39":y3fia2ks said:
I love all of G-d's little ceatures.[/quote:y3fia2ks said:
So do I - grilled, bar-b-qued, fried, boiled, etc...
=========
Bama,

Yep....especially a basel tomato sauce marinated rabbit on the barbie.

Preston,We usually fry our rabbits.Are you Sure you aint in South Beach?That recipe sounds a little suspect and a lot more Feminine. Let me share my Possum Cookbook with you.Better yet, come on down, and we'll eat a great big ol' Steak.We could talk about those great people over at PETA...and how much good they've done us all.Course you'll have to bring your own seaweed and snails to eat your piece of steak with. ;-)

Crowderfarms":3n0x4dju said:
preston39":3n0x4dju said:
Bama":3n0x4dju said:
preston39":3n0x4dju said:
I love all of G-d's little ceatures.[/quote:3n0x4dju said:
=========
Bama,

Preston,We usually fry our rabbits.Are you Sure you aint in South Beach?That recipe sounds a little suspect and a lot more Feminine. Let me share my Possum Cookbook with you.Better yet, come on down, and we'll eat a great big ol' Steak.We could talk about those great people over at PETA...and how much good they've done us all.Course you'll have to bring your own seaweed and snails to eat your piece of steak with. ;-)

I have a much simpler recipe too: cut into chunks, dusted with flour and fried in oil seasoned w/salt&pepper, Chicken-cut into chunks, dusted with flour and fried in oil seasoned w/salt&pepper, Tators-fried in bacon grease, eggs the same as tators, steak-grilled very rare seasoned with a pinch of salt.

dun

Preston I haven't thrown a BS flag in quite a while but you get this one.

Peta supporting Cattleman can not be they do not exsist

This to me lends no credibility to anything you post there is no middle ground here.
You are with us or against us, get off that fence cause all your getting is a sore crotch.

Nuff Said

dun":1tix0sas said:
Crowderfarms":1tix0sas said:
preston39":1tix0sas said:
Bama":1tix0sas said:
preston39":1tix0sas said:
I love all of G-d's little ceatures.[/quote:1tix0sas said:
=========
Bama,

I have a much simpler recipe too: cut into chunks, dusted with flour and fried in oil seasoned w/salt&pepper, Chicken-cut into chunks, dusted with flour and fried in oil seasoned w/salt&pepper, Tators-fried in bacon grease, eggs the same as tators, steak-grilled very rare seasoned with a pinch of salt.

dun

I know where I'm eatin Dinner today. Let's all go to Dun's place!I'll bring some Crock Pot Groundhog too.

Crowderfarms":18wregxc said:
I know where I'm eatin Dinner today. Let's all go to Dun's place!I'll bring some Crock Pot Groundhog too.

Just leave the possum somewhere else.

dun

How bout' some Dry Land Fish? I try to save the Possum for special occaisions.Shot Gun wedding receptions,etc. or my favorite for some and I mean some guests...What was that? Tasted like Chicken? Possum the other white meat.The tire tracks work as a natural tenderizer ;-) .

Campground Cattle":2tk05zye said:

This to me lends no credibility to anything you post there is no middle ground here.
You are with us or against us, get off that fence cause all your getting is a sore crotch.

Nuff Said

Well Said Campgound.

Caustic Burno":19btlnix said:
Preston I think they all fit and are all tied in with the New world order. You want to be a cattleman and have a few cows. I just wouldn't come to any Texas salebarn talking that Peta garabage, no way around it you would take a beatin.
===========
caustic,

I am going to take your approach. My last comment.

I do not go around talking up PETA not my job or charter. You ask me a question...I answered it truthfully and the best of my ability. You may not like it but that's the American way. Isn't it?

Crowderfarms":gwzqntk0 said:
preston39":gwzqntk0 said:
Bama":gwzqntk0 said:
preston39":gwzqntk0 said:
I love all of G-d's little ceatures.[/quote:gwzqntk0 said:
=========
Bama,

============
crowder,

South beach? There are a lot of south beaches...depends on where one is standing. I'm gonna pass on your disparaging feminine comment for now. I will just conclude your attempts of condeming, demeaning, charactor assination and defamation may represent limited ability for debate.

If you are interested the basel based tomato sauce marinated rabbit is a Mediterranian-Maltese recipe that I became familiar with while living in Europe 4 years, in the Army and going to school... back in the 60's. Marinate the rabbit overnight in the refrig...put it on the barbie or bake it. It's good. A change from the traditional flour dusted fried or baked rabbit...which I always enjoy..especially with an onion based sauce.

"Seaweed and snails to eat your piece of steak with"................? Help me with that one? I have only had seaweed wrapped sushi. And escargot is not for me.

PETA is not a subject I would normally enjoy during eating a steak. Or any meal as far as that is concerned. More interesting and palatable topics are available...I think.

Crowder, you may be right.... IMO.... on the mineral program you suggest on another thread. Especially, for high endo fescue.....although divergence of opinions are expressed.

While our periodic mineral feeding program has worked for us I am concerned that we have taken chances that I am not comfortable with. So our practice is under review. Thanks for your alert on that one.What % of mag. did you recommend? I can't find the post right off.

Thus, the real benefit of participating in this type of board....not to belittle or critize a fellow human ...Hu?

Campground Cattle":1oirsk5k said:

Nuff Said
============
Campground,

You had to stretch to get to that position. We can handle it.

dun":1fvhb6na said:
Crowderfarms":1fvhb6na said:
preston39":1fvhb6na said:
Bama":1fvhb6na said:
preston39":1fvhb6na said:
I love all of G-d's little ceatures.[/quote:1fvhb6na said:
=========
Bama,

dun
=========
dun

I've done that...very good. Next time try a little of sesame seed oil for a change.
Simpler? What is complex with putting the meat in a bowl...sprinkling with basel punching it with a fork a few times, pour tomato sauce over it and refrigerate all day? I find trying different preparations are interesting...been burnt a few times :eek: , but whats new, Huh?

Latest posts