Crazy Weather

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
The weather out here has just been crazy.
Got up near the 80's then it cooled off and snowed at the end of April.
Yesterday was a real doozy. Got everybody shaking their heads including the weathermen.
Thundrstorms with hail, snow, sleet and rain.
All the moisture is nice, but if it would just get above 50 degrees the grass will really take off. It's a little short right now.

we've had like 6 inches of rain in the past 2 days and its supposed to rain much of the day today. and this is after the flood we had last week. yesterday was the 6th friday in a row that it rained. news report said that only 50% of the corn crop is in for the state and half of that has probably washed out. :roll: i dont think any of the bean crop is in, but i think there will be alot more soybeans then predicted because alot of guys are saying its too late for corn. and its that darn global warming thats keeping it so cool. i think we've had like 1 80 degree day. im not really complaining but in reality we really do need warm weather. if it would warm up the alfalfa would need cutting and the crops that are in would actually grow. and even with the cool weather we've had some nasty storms. a couple weeks ago there was that tornado and then last week straight line winds came through! i tried looking up exactly how much precipitation we have had this year but i couldnt find anything.

oh well...what can we do?

just think how much grass youll have when the weather does warm up.its hard to get the ground dry when your trying to get the corn in the ground.

here in n.c. we are parched for the want of more rain. we need it for our hay, we were one of the few lucky ones not to have to go buy hay last year. we had some crazzzy storms last night, but i've not forgotton drought and it is still in the for front of my thoughts. i used to joke about the weathermen lying at us, but i'm starting to think anymore, that they just don't know.

Last month was the coldest april on record for our valley. We've had years where we let the fire die in march... not this year. we'll need it until the end of this month at least, maybe longer.

It was dammm hot today! Sweatin in the shade! It had to be mid 90s or more. they said we may break some records. You know, it was so hot I saw two trees fighting over a dog.
:nod:

It's supposed to be below average here tomorrow (only in the 50's), then Thursday and Friday it's supposed to be in the 90's. Crazy weather, I'm really looking forward to Thursday and Friday, though. :banana:

There is suppose to be thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon and snow on Monday.
I just keep telling myself,"It was 106 degrees twice last July, enjoy the cool weather."
No more complaints.

cattleluvr18 we had guys planting barley just before the big freeze. Some has come up, but alot hasn't yet. Been hearing reports of guys losing some of their winter wheat too. Looked at the cousins barley today and there is alot of yellow in it.

we have had fairly stable weather at our place. Been frosty most mornings but nice mild days of 20 to 21 celcius. Need rain,supposed to be a little bit over the next few days. If it rains too much the cattle will get cold and lose condition so we are better off with not too much. We'll get very little growth now that its turned cold. :cboy:

Weird weather here in MN too, 50 inches of snow in April. Areas to the South and West in the heavy soils not much field work getting done. Everyday that the corn isn't planted the yield goes down and the price per bushel will go up. Look for 7-8 dollar corn by June. :help:

It's been cool and wet here also we got 2.5-3 inches of rain and storms Tuesday nigh and it has bee intermittent rain since so we are out of the fieldwork until at least Tuesday and maybe Wednesday if it doesn't rain again. Oh well work when we can.

Had a spit and miss storm go through yesterday afternoon.
Got woke up this morning to our storm window rattling and it is raining now. A better description is as my favorite weatherman used to say,"Snain." a mix of snow and rain.
Got over 4 hundreths right now and it is still coming down. :banana:
Predicting it to get up near the 80's this week.

I luv herfrds":2hfr04j1 said:
cattleluvr18 we had guys planting barley just before the big freeze. Some has come up, but alot hasn't yet. Been hearing reports of guys losing some of their winter wheat too. Looked at the cousins barley today and there is alot of yellow in it.
i dont know anything about barely but i do know that if it doesnt stop raining wheat aint gonna be worth crap. wheat does not need alot of moisture. expecially once it starts heading out. so far the wheat is looking alright. we just needs some heat. hope your barely starts turning around. ya never know how things may turn out.

When I got done with my last post the rain had turned to snow. Just been crazy. Great Falls south of us had a thunderstorm this afternoon.

cattleluvr the wheat is looking good, so far. Our barley is just starting to come out of the ground. The stuff that looks yellow took 3 weeks before it finally made it above ground, just too cold. Ours was planted 11 days ago. Forcasting one more hit of showers for Wednesday then up to 79 on Friday. Flood watches are already going out for that day.