crazy stunts

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
warning do not try this less you have to.we got a few cows up to tag an worm yesterday.an 1 of the bulls was in the pen with them.well he has horns so they know to watch him.we put him in the ally going to the chute.an he would not go in the chute no matter what.so my brother grabbs a bucket of feed an climbs in the ally with him.trying to get him in the chute.an he cant get the bull in.so we finally get him in the squeeze to worm an tag him.moral is dont ever try this because you could get taken out quick.but none of our cows will go in the ally or squeeze chute on their own.they are that stubborn.an we dont use a hotshot at all.

I don't really understand your post.

If a squeeze is the same as our cattle crushes, then that is exactly what we use them for. To ear tag, vaccinate, dehorn, etc.

As for going into an alley. If that is the same as a race, then we do not use a hotshot to put the cattle in there.

you understand my post perfectly.an we dont use hotshots at all.so we usually get in the pen an push them up the chute to squeeze chute.

bigbull338":p8x0sk8k said:
you understand my post perfectly.an we dont use hotshots at all.so we usually get in the pen an push them up the chute to squeeze chute.
maybe it was the moral of the story that eluded her :lol:

Then all I can say is that we have never had that happen here. Touchwood. It is not that hard to get them through the gate to the race and one person can do it.

I read through again, did you mean you could be taken out by the cows while you were doing the bull. That was the bit I didn't understand. Other than that I wouldn't use a cattle crush I don't trust.

yes the bull couldve taken him out,if he so minded.becuse my brother was in a tight area with him.

bigbull338":3gs1pifo said:
yes the bull couldve taken him out,if he so minded.becuse my brother was in a tight area with him.
Bull...sounds like you need to put "bro" on a leash.

TexasBred":3qlr0l7z said:
bigbull338":3qlr0l7z said:
Bull...sounds like you need to put "bro" on a leash.
he would just break the leash,an he has to learn the hard way.an the nphew is just like him.an they dont an wont let a cow bull or calf get the best of them.they come by it honest as my dad was the same way.an my dad usually won the battle of witts an muscle with them.

Plastic piece that hangs from the front bumper of my '94 Ford came loose at one end after having to pull it home with a chain last week. Crawled under there today sideways to grind off the rivet that held it on so I could replace it with a bolt and a wide diameter flat washer. Piece of red hot ground off iron went down my right side ear hole.

ga.prime":3hcn40by said:
Plastic piece that hangs from the front bumper of my '94 Ford came loose at one end after having to pull it home with a chain last week. Crawled under there today sideways to grind off the rivet that held it on so I could replace it with a bolt and a wide diameter flat washer. Piece of red hot ground off iron went down my right side ear hole.

I'll bet that got your attention. :lol2:

Cal

ga.prime":139lopku said:
doe's this one have a moral to it to? or do we just go on imagination :p

ALACOWMAN":2zsepbxf said:
ga.prime":2zsepbxf said:
The moral is when you're grinding metal you should hold your head at an angle that prevents searing hot projectiles from falling down your ear sockets. :D

ga.prime":3lz7ivuy said:
ALACOWMAN":3lz7ivuy said:
ga.prime":3lz7ivuy said:
The moral is when you're grinding metal you should hold your head at an angle that prevents searing hot projectiles from falling down your ear sockets. :D
well you should have listed that on your original post,, and not leave us to chance
:cowboy:

ga.prime":1g99f7al said:
ALACOWMAN":1g99f7al said:
ga.prime":1g99f7al said:
Guess that is a reason OSHA wants us to wear earplugs... :D

Guess if I had years ago when I was supposed to I wouldn't have to listen to the ringing in my ears now. :nod: