crazy electrical sh.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Ok , I think I found it.
Wife called said lights were flicking I ran back home.I could hear arcing inside the breaker box , meter area were I've seen the arcing in the dark. I took a fiberglass shovel handle and pushed slightly on the breaker box , a little arcing and everything went back to normal.
There is a 2 inch fitting that couples, joining the breaker box and meter. I could see it was loose and the breaker box is slightly loose where it is mounted to the pole. By wiggling the box with my stick I can get a occasional arcing.
I remember my wife backing into it 10 years ago. I remember the box be a little loose.
It appears as though the wind shaking that box over time has probably worn through the insulation on a wire were that coupler joins.
This is still me guessing but I think I found it.
The electrician is coming back out so we will see.

Sounds like you found it! Glad you didn't touch that box during an arc! You might have wet your pants and forgot your name for an hour. Glad the Co-oP guys checked it out good. :lol2:

cowboy43":1caltl4o said:
How did you fix the problem , did you get the coop out again?
No it was below the meter. But above the breaker. I guess I could have pulled the meter and did it my self. I didn't tell comfortable messing with it. So i called the electrician back out. He credited me the charge from the first trip. Ended up costing me about 250.00. I was ok with that I guess.

4x4dually":3rj5xl58 said:
COOP is responsible for everything down to the lugs under the breaker.....they should have covered it...but since honey backed into it, I guess it's only fair. :)
That's kinda how I felt about it.

4x4dually":264j7omw said:
Sounds like you found it! Glad you didn't touch that box during an arc! You might have wet your pants and forgot your name for an hour. Glad the Co-oP guys checked it out good. :lol2:
A coworker did this at a house that he was working at. He got a two week stay at Vandy burn unit out of it.

hillbilly beef man":1cw4uaqb said:
A coworker did this at a house that he was working at. He got a two week stay at Vandy burn unit out of it.

Takes less than a second to go from fun to not fun. I don't mind working things hot within reason, but I tend to make up new curse words when I so much as get shocked by static sliding in-n-out of the truck. LOL

Now that we have a solution.....set back and enjoy some real music....

https://youtu.be/_w4YDQaf-K4

fenceman":t83gqrrs said:
Don't worry my friend I ain't about to get fried. Although you might a gotta laugh out of me sitting on a plastic molassas tub sitting on a old mud flap wearing rubber boots and rubber gloves. :cboy:

Hillarious....what makes it so real for me is that is exactly what I would be doing. He// I do that when I change a light bulb. Scare of shyt I can't see but still knocks holes in the soles of your feet and shoes. :nod:

Y'all remind me of my neighbor. He got a new to him metal lathe two weeks ago. It wouldn't run. I figured out the control voltage transformer was fried due to a short. We fixed it and got it running....but not before I made a scream and jumped out of it. He about died in his boots. LOL

Looked something like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ4mz-khXIo

fenceman":zdgsieyx said:
Don't worry my friend I ain't about to get fried. Although you might a gotta laugh out of me sitting on a plastic molassas tub sitting on a old mud flap wearing rubber boots and rubber gloves. :cboy:
Not everyone has that much common sense. I have to wonder how this all worked out.
pool-power.jpg

_medium_DSCN7830.JPG

greybeard":254juzqv said:
fenceman":254juzqv said:
Not everyone has that much common sense. I have to wonder how this all worked out.
pool-power.jpg

_medium_DSCN7830.JPG

that's a urapeein photo GB