Crazy Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody over in Africa has been crossing cattle with those mean Cape Buffalo? Or maybe over here in the States? I wonder what the crosses would be like, maybe similar to Beefalo.

I don't even know if they would be genetically close enough to cross. I know that Musk Ox aren't close enough to cross with cattle. Even the beefalo have sterility problems on alot of their crosses, The cross only works with a beef cow and a buffalo bull on the first cross and all the males are sterile.

CopeMan":jf3mjxcy said:
I wonder if anybody over in Africa has been crossing cattle with those mean Cape Buffalo? Or maybe over here in the States? I wonder what the crosses would be like, maybe similar to Beefalo.

That ought to one damn mean critter, and have you seen them horns. Dehorning would take on a whole new meaning

The March 30th Wall Street Journal (front page) has an interesting article about A.P. Leonards. He is selling his herd of 6,250 water buffalo (bubalus bubalis). He couldn't make a go of it.

In the Phillipines they're called "caribow" (not sure about the spelling but that's how it's pronounced). Good steaks for flavor but the tenderness isn't so great. But the fillets are huge.

dun

Billy":3o4ax6q9 said:
The March 30th Wall Street Journal (front page) has an interesting article about A.P. Leonards. He is selling his herd of 6,250 water buffalo (bubalus bubalis). He couldn't make a go of it.

Latest posts