Crazy Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

I was raised around holsteins. I'd walk thru them, around them, under them...no fear...so it never occurred to me that one could be crazy.

Many years later, after I had a child, and she married, my son-in-law would go to the farm with my precious grandson to hunt deer. He told me that one of the cows tried to run him and my grandson down. He said he was prepared to shoot her and figure out how he'd repay my brother for the dead cow. I laughed...ha, ha, ha, Robert...no way. You just don't understand cows, being from the city and all. He didn't much appreciate my comment.

About a week after he told me that, I was talking to my brother...the owner of that cow...and told him that story expecting a big laugh. He didn't laugh. He said, "Oh yeah, now that is one crazy b**ch."

Alice

Rodeo stock?Never have ask but those guys that raise the PBR Bulls.Just what makes a good PBR Bull?They go looking for the craziest,wildest,mean and salty bulls and cows to make them?
Just wondering.Think my Black and White Speckle Brahma Bull would make a good rodeo bull the way he is in the cowpen.But he is like a housecat by the yard fence.Yeah seriously doubt I would do that to him,no matter how much money those PBR guys would pay for him.Couldn't do it.

I thought that rodeo stock were well taken care of. Is that not the case of rodeo stock owners you've dealt with?

Alice

Alice":33qiy5j5 said:
I thought that rodeo stock were well taken care of. Is that not the case of rodeo stock owners you've dealt with?

Alice
they are well taken care of.just real dangerious tobe around on foot in pastures or pens.good rodeo stock are always looking for someone to fight with.the meaner an rougher they are the better.they handle them in big pipe corrals.

llcupit":1x2ysemt said:
Had a crazy cow one time that would run you to the fence but would stop at the fence and paw and snort. Neighbor came by and wanted to buy her to keep trespassers off his property. He took her home and said it solved his problem. Kept her till she died said she was the best guard cow he ever saw. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is funny!! oh man that is funny!!!!

Alice":12b0ycdd said:

Alice
Well me and some of my ship mates were talking about that too.Think those bulls get the best feed and care.
They are treated like Stars.Now how they make 'em mean I don't know.Thats what I was talking about,would not do that to my Bull.

bigbull338":3hd648gx said:
Alice":3hd648gx said:

Alice
they are well taken care of.just real dangerious tobe around on foot in pastures or pens.good rodeo stock are always looking for someone to fight with.the meaner an rougher they are the better.they handle them in big pipe corrals.
So maybe you could get some heifers out of them for guard cows?Keep the poachers out of the woods.Any market for guard cows?

Brahma Bull":1ftivm15 said:
bigbull338":1ftivm15 said:
Alice":1ftivm15 said:

Alice
So maybe you could get some heifers out of them for guard cows?Keep the poachers out of the woods.Any market for guard cows?[/quote
Post 'en on Ebay~they sell everything else there..

peg4x4":vxvycat1 said:
Brahma Bull":vxvycat1 said:
bigbull338":vxvycat1 said:
Alice":vxvycat1 said:

Alice
So maybe you could get some heifers out of them for guard cows?Keep the poachers out of the woods.Any market for guard cows?[/quote
Post 'en on Ebay~they sell everything else there..
I have thought about giving that a try,see how well that would work.Might get a better price for them than you do at the sales barn.But have to watch out for those non-paying bidders or someone from Africa,UK,ect trying pull a scam.Would like to put them out in a wide open big pasture with a bunch of crazy cows.See if they can make it to the fence,they better run as fast as a cat's a.. on fire.

cfpinz":elasd95r said:
I bounced them off the front of the trailer a couple times on the way to the market just for good measure.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find joy from knowing that those girls are on the way to lose their heads?

cfpinz

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

Tears in my eyes from laughing!

No. It is not just you. Once I get the crazy ones loaded, I grin like a possum all the way to the sale barn. I pulled in once with chains and binders strung through the trailer. They went to closing all the gates real quick and snuck tagged her in the trailer. When the trailer door came open, all of them boys were climbing up the fences.

Horticattleman":144uz28h said:
dun":144uz28h said:
We had a looney heifer that even with 6 tranq darts in her managed to destroy the trailer. The next day when she went into the ring the bidding was real slow until she flipped a ringman completely over the railll into the crowd. Bidding went nuts and we made a pretty decent profit. It was later hinted at and I suspect it may be true that someone bought her and gave her to the ringman as a gift.

dun

Why would someone pay more for a bad cow?

Some guys like the rank ones for rough country..seen that a few times guys will buy them because they fiqure that cow will always protect their calf and any others nearby :lol: . Usually those guys will put those cows out where they never see a human,except maybe twice a year.

Latest posts