crazy cow at sale barn

Help Support CattleToday:

BrandX

Reaction score
well i finally managed to get my one wild a$% crazy cow into the corral and loaded on the trailer. it to a year and a half but i did it. Thank you Lord! She broke the corral in several places and the rest of the cows got out, but i got her!!! i could not believe it. i drove her straight over to the sale barn as fast as i could and unloaded her. buyer beware if you are shopping in okc tomorrow....

Yep, lots of crazies at the sale barn.. around here too.
Once I dropped off a docile Longhorn bull and a bunch of steer.. they were in the staging area and they were chewing cud.. people were avoiding them and going in the next pen with a red angus cow that was madder than a kicked hornets nest, and they were TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS to that cow, she just about smashed a few people up and good.. It's fun to see them go through the ring and try and get the guy.. good thing there's some solid posts in there to duck behind.

i took this nut case in one time and she just ran out.. starred at the lights still as could be.

everyone was fightin for her. she brought great money.. sorry for the guy who outbid everyone else :(

I saw a black Angus bull that wanted to kill you at the Fitzgerald sale barn. Jogeephus said the bull needed an X on his head. I thought we should of thrown the owner in with the bull myself. That bull was by far the nastiest critter I've been around. I've often wondered if anyone got hurt before that bull got put down.

I think crazy cattle are more prevalent than they were years ago. It just seems like I see more of them, than I used to.

rollinhills":1bqbqe5s said:
Bigfoot":1bqbqe5s said:
I think crazy cattle are more prevalent than they were years ago. It just seems like I see more of them, than I used to.
maybe your a little older and smarter and it don't take as much silliness to call them crazy. I know it doesn't for me.

Probably a correct observation.

well some of those sound way worse than my situation. i did get $622 for her she was 5yrs old andbred weighed 970lbs. to that money and some more and bought a nice tame bred hefier. we will see how that goes but i am glad to be rid of her.

I don't think I see as many crazy continentals or Brahman composites that I remember seeing as a kid in the 80's and 90's. I can remember plenty of crazy Chi's and Limo's and Salers coming through the barn. And most were tall and bigger frame wise than animals are now. Heck I remember Chars that would get your hide back then. Not to mention the Tigers, Brahmans, Brangus, Gerts etc.

But also I can remember places in the 80's and early 90's where people turned out cows and didn't go see them until they needed some money. And they sent out the cowboys on horseback to dig out and chase down cows that have not been seen maybe in 2-3 years. Fields of grown bulls breeding their mothers etc nothing castrated and cows weaned calves when they wanted and young heifers got bred when they wanted. Don't see that anymore.

Dave":1ifr4hln said:
I always thought it was a requirement to have at least one crazy cow at every sale.
Always makes it enjoyable too if she has good loose green grass squirts and is slinging it all over those order buyers in their white starched and iron shirts on the first couple of rows of seats. :lol2: :lol2:

u4411clb":1z4po58o said:
I don't think I see as many crazy continentals or Brahman composites that I remember seeing as a kid in the 80's and 90's. I can remember plenty of crazy Chi's and Limo's and Salers coming through the barn. And most were tall and bigger frame wise than animals are now. Heck I remember Chars that would get your hide back then. Not to mention the Tigers, Brahmans, Brangus, Gerts etc.

But also I can remember places in the 80's and early 90's where people turned out cows and didn't go see them until they needed some money. And they sent out the cowboys on horseback to dig out and chase down cows that have not been seen maybe in 2-3 years. Fields of grown bulls breeding their mothers etc nothing castrated and cows weaned calves when they wanted and young heifers got bred when they wanted. Don't see that anymore.

You just described dang near every sale at Winnie Tx. The barn is closed now anyone who every owned a cow should have had the opportunity to go see that sale

TexasBred":2i09qbuy said:
Dave":2i09qbuy said:
I always thought it was a requirement to have at least one crazy cow at every sale.
Always makes it enjoyable too if she has good loose green grass squirts and is slinging it all over those order buyers in their white starched and iron shirts on the first couple of rows of seats. :lol2: :lol2:

At the auctions I got to the order buyers sit in the back two rows. The front row is for tourists and sight-seers.

Caustic Burno":24lgfnxh said:
You just described dang near every sale at Winnie Tx. The barn is closed now anyone who every owned a cow should have had the opportunity to go see that sale
I went down to Bolivar late last month and stopped took some pics of some of those Stowall/White Ranch mommas and calves. Haven't got the pics loaded on my laptop yet to see how they came out but the calf crop sure looked good from the highway. Lots of good grass coming on right now.

Latest posts