Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

That calf actually looks pretty decent.. it is cute, but it probably won't stay that cute when it grows up. I'd say $500 for a pet and yard art would be alright.. 5K.. dang, I want some of what they're smoking,, and if it sells, what the buyer is smoking too

@kenny thomas you gotta make a trip up here to the "exotic sale" at Shen valley livestock one of the Thursday sales... 4th Thurs of the month I think. You will get an education in prices of "exotic" (mini's, oddballs, etc). Let me know if you all do decide to come this way... love to meet you, I'll buy supper at the sale... gotta get there early to get seats... If there is much stuff sale can easily run to midnight....

That sale is only 4 hrs from my house and I have never gone. One day when my kids are grown and I'm no longer coaching HS basketball it is going to happen.

That calf actually looks pretty decent.. it is cute, but it probably won't stay that cute when it grows up. I'd say $500 for a pet and yard art would be alright.. 5K.. dang, I want some of what they're smoking,, and if it sells, what the buyer is smoking too
Don't know what the buyer is smoking ..but apparently lighting it with 100 dollar bills

I imagine it will sell for that. We jumped into the mini market and got bought out by a stupid offer. Market is too high for me to buy back into it now. They're just being sold as pets and lawn decor. If she had more hair price would be double. It's only crazy if you don't find a buyer lol

I imagine it will sell for that. We jumped into the mini market and got bought out by a stupid offer. Market is too high for me to buy back into it now. They're just being sold as pets and lawn decor. If she had more hair price would be double. It's only crazy if you don't find a buyer lol
You done the smart thing by selling high and not buying back.

Yea I assume the market will drop if we go into a recession. Similar to horse prices

I bet them southern sale barns would even know the calves are something different if you put him on black Corriente cows.

I bet them southern sale barns would even know the calves are something different if you put him on black Corriente cows.
Yes, I do believe they'd see the difference. I wouldn't even chance him unless I had something in mind for a dumb little project or somebody wanted a pasture ornament. I believe I'd use that $2,000 on a real bull. They've got sand, asking that much, I'll give them that.

Latest posts