Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

That is another reason why we use killed virus vacc on anything that comes here now... it stimulates the immune system much "less intensely" it seems... but that is just us and it seems to work that way better in our situation. We also have found that we don't do anything else to them for a week except feed, because you don't know what they have previously been exposed to... or NOT exposed... and we have buried a few this past year and it HURTS....

If they show signs of anything, we hit them with oxytet and/or Nuflor on advice of the vet. And they get aureomycin crumbles on their feed for the first week or so......
It seems that it takes a little bit for them to get accustomed to "our bugs" and environment.

Over the years there are dairies I would not bring a calf home from because they always died...and other dairies that their calves seemed to do great; the germs on our place must have been similar to what those were born into. I have found out that if a dairy vaccinates for Rota and Corona viruses, we do not have luck with their calves even when they come straight from the farm... so who knows...

It has been about 55 years ago that we dealt with the problem with our dairy cows. If I remember correctly the vet figured out
it was BVD when he found the blisters inside the nostrils while examining one of the cows. The most likely source was sale barn
cattle. Some of the cows and heifers were purchased at the sale.

Until we got involved with the dairy about all I recall vaccinating the beef cows with was a 3 way for Blacks Disease, Malignant
Edema and Black Leg. My parents sold a ranch that had been all hill ground, and picked up a small ranch that had a lot of bottom ground.
A whole different environment that quickly demanded more vaccinations.

Hereford bull - $800 (Sherwood)
Hereford bull 1

00u0u_gd4ax1ZVpZb_0CI0CI_600x450.jpg

01212_4z7eshlMQ6g_0m60CI_600x450.jpg

00e0e_B5S5SBErKP_0CI0Ce_600x450.jpg

Hereford bull 1 thumbnailHereford bull 2 thumbnailHereford bull 3 thumbnailHereford bull 4 thumbnail

condition: excellent
The largest are only 48 inches tall at the hip while the smallest are 36 inches or less. Calves are about the size of mid-size dogs. Each animal only requires show contact info
one-half acre of space, so it's possible to maintain a small herd on all but the smallest acreages

Hereford bull - $800 (Sherwood)
Hereford bull 1

00u0u_gd4ax1ZVpZb_0CI0CI_600x450.jpg

01212_4z7eshlMQ6g_0m60CI_600x450.jpg

00e0e_B5S5SBErKP_0CI0Ce_600x450.jpg

Hereford bull 1 thumbnailHereford bull 2 thumbnailHereford bull 3 thumbnailHereford bull 4 thumbnail

condition: excellent
The largest are only 48 inches tall at the hip while the smallest are 36 inches or less. Calves are about the size of mid-size dogs. Each animal only requires show contact info
one-half acre of space, so it's possible to maintain a small herd on all but the smallest acreages
I'm confused, which one is the Hereford ? 🤔

I got to wonder. I check Craigslist occasionally. I never see these sorry looking, over priced, misrepresented cattle post around here. What is see is decent cattle that are generally priced a little above the market value. And actually very few cattle at all given the numbers of cattle around here

Latest posts