Craig's List Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

It's red, might have stood close to an Angus. Maybe it's part of one of them commercials where the last part of the line the sellers says but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express 😀

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a true Red Angus is homozygous polled so even a cross will not have horns.
Could be a cross of a cross... Say 1/16 red angus😂😂

She's actually a fine looking gal w a serious set of pokers though. She must be half corriente.

But it is on the internet so it must be real.

Here is a rare spotted Angus.

View attachment 8464
"Excuse me, but your b*lls are showing."
He's still intact if need new breeding stock.

Not 100% Red Angus as stated in replies, but there is an asking price and a selling price. If interested I would low ball and tell them why. If low ball enough maybe meet in the middle. As stated above probably better than a red angus. Looks like a fancy town cow to me.

I see trouble brewing in that picture. Dang good 'bout new pipe and cable fence, good grass, and a bunch of high density new neighbors just across the street. Neighbors don't have a farm background or they would be spread out more. Them neighbors might be trouble.
Cow looks pretty good, but will probably be a little bossy with those horns. Just not sure about the udder quality in that picture. Plenty of volume though - in body and horns.

Black Angus and Hereford claim that their registry is pure with no outside breeds accepted. Red Angus is one of those open registries that record and issue "papers" on percentage red angus cattle. They have classifications for different percentages, but are "red angus" in the sense that they are "registered". So, I guess she could be a "red angus" in a lower classification.
Black angus kicks out any reds as a genetic defect. Breed your red angus to a black angus and you get a heterozygous black calf. Breed that animal to a red RA and the red half of the calves can be registered as 100% RA. You might notice that some red angus pedigrees show popular black bulls in their pedigrees two or three generations back. That's how the RA breeders can bring in new genetics and maintain 100% pure red angus as soon as subsequent matings produce a red calf. Black angus breeders would need to be more creative or work within their vast gene pool as most do. Now, which breed is more progressive - black or red?

In Canada, I believe there is one angus registry for both red and black. Only the US separates and discriminates by color.

Anyone remember member BRG from Gill Red Angus? He was a regular poster on the board years ago. I enjoyed his posts and cattle.

It was a joke. She looks like a good cow, but just not a red Angus with those horns.

This is quite representative of our changing landscape near Boise. You have subdivisions right up against farms. We also have want-to-be's with mini cows in a subdivision on my way to work. The guy goes out and scoops the poop every day. They have 3 minis and a calf on about a 1/2 acre. I will say that they are very committed.

Unless and until all gene match 100 %of animals to both parents prior to registration there will always be a certain %of "mistakes" some accidental some not so much
But the result is the same non pure bred blood in"pure bred" papered cattle of all breeds

Latest posts