Craig - TX

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I see that the annual Camp Cooley Ranch bull sale is coming up in about a week or two and, as I recall, you are in the general area of the ranch. Have you ever attended their bull sale? Do you recall a range of prices for their "lower end" bulls that might be bought for commercial herd purposes? Obviously, they are one of the top "reputation outfits" in the Brangus breed and I'm not looking for one of their top-end bulls.

> I see that the annual Camp Cooley
> Ranch bull sale is coming up in
> about a week or two and, as I
> recall, you are in the general
> area of the ranch. Have you ever
> attended their bull sale? Do you
> recall a range of prices for their
> "lower end" bulls that
> might be bought for commercial
> herd purposes? Obviously, they are
> one of the top "reputation
> outfits" in the Brangus breed
> and I'm not looking for one of
> their top-end bulls.

Having attended many of their sales in the past, I can tell you most of their bulls go to commercial producers. you won't find a better source for Brangus. they also offer Angus and Charolais bulls. I bought one from Brinks Brangus and It changed my whole herd for the better. Camp Cooley now owns Brinks. You should plan to pay 1600 to 2500 for a low end bull.

[email protected]

We live thirty minutes away. Excellent sale, excellent genitics, prices can be a little bit higher than other sales in the area, but you get what you pay for. We own a bull that was an AI calf from them. He has worked out great so far.

[email protected]

I don't have any first-hand experience with them but everything I've heard would agree with silco and Jim. Good luck!

Craig-TX

Latest posts