Craftsman tools

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
I read where Sears is selling their Craftsman tool line to Stanley Black and Decker. I am glad to hear that since I have mostly Craftsman tools and was worried about Sears going under and my lifetime warranty being useless. I had that happen with Montgomery Ward. I worked at Wards many years ago and had aquired a lot of Powercraft tools.

I also was happy to hear they plan to move the manufacturing of the tools back to the USA , due to the (without mentioning any names) change in administration... They are building a new factory somewhere in US.
I may be wrong but it seems like "someone" is accomplishing a lot before even taking office..

craftsman tools have been crap for a few years now quality wise but innovative things they are great at designing tools. I hope if they do they will have better quality. Most of my tools are snap on for my personal tools and tool box but I buy a lot of harbor freight as well as they have a lifetime warranty on hand tools. I think craftsman and harbor freight tools are made in the same place... " Kidding " but to pay a ton of money for low quality tools isn't what im willing to do.

Kobalt from lowes has a lifetime gaurantee too. At least the few of their tools that have broken they've just handed me a new one off the shelf

They do not guarantee tools against loss and that is what happens to mine. If all the tools I have planted through the years came up it would be as thick as a Chinese tallow tree forest. I saw craftsman tools at Atwoods and also fastenal.

hurleyjd":2efijsn6 said:
They do not guarantee tools against loss and that is what happens to mine. If all the tools I have planted through the years came up it would be as thick as a Chinese tallow tree forest. I saw craftsman tools at Atwoods and also fastenal.

Kinda like pocket knives for me..and fencing pliers. Some day in the far off future, some archaeological team will wonder just what the heck was going on around here--various tools buried in some ceremonial fashion.. is probably what they will think.

greybeard":2kf44zo1 said:
hurleyjd":2kf44zo1 said:

Kinda like pocket knives for me..and fencing pliers. Some day in the far off future, some archaeological team will wonder just what the heck was going on around here--various tools buried in some ceremonial fashion.. is probably what they will think.

At one time the Uncle Henry pocket knife was guaranteed against loss for one year.

hurleyjd":3ct4n73g said:
greybeard":3ct4n73g said:
hurleyjd":3ct4n73g said:

At one time the Uncle Henry pocket knife was guaranteed against loss for one year.

I would probably lose it the day after the 12 months was up.

I read that Black and Decker is under no obligation to keep up the warranty plans on Craftsman tools. It said they probably would but it wasn't in the contract.

Latest posts