Cracked hoofs

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have two animals in my herd that have longitudinal cracks, three or four inches long on their hoofs. They are not lame yet. The hoofs were not outgrown, but I carefully trimmed them while looking to see if a nail or wire was in the hoof. What is causing this and any treatments, cures or preventions? Thanks.
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

Mike, a good place to start is a net search on laminitis.Most hoof problems seem to be nutritional in nature. It could be as simple as a bad hoof trim or even grain on an empty stomach. My vets suggested haying 1 hr before grain to start with along with a mineral lick.Sounds like that hoof should probably be pine tarred though just to protect it from bacteria,sounds fairly large.Good luck!<br>Janet
<br>

[email protected]

<br>Hello, I read your question and the answer that Janet gave you. She is right when she said that more cracked hoofs are a nutritional problem. We have about 250 mother cows and 150 replacement heifer and some show cattle, so I have seen many cracked hoofs. The way that we have put a stop to all this is with a probiotic called Fastrack. Fastrack works in the lower digestive system of cattle. If the cattles digestive system is not working right then the ph in the blood system is lowered. This will cause the blood flow to be restricked to places like the hoofs. Cracking will happen the blood flow is restricked. Fastrack will help prevent this in healthy cattle and will work to bild new hoof in cattle with damage hoofs. If I an sounding like a sales'man well I am. You see I believe in the product so much that I became one. I use Fastrack and kknow what it can do for cattle. If I can be or any help to you with Fastrack, please let me know at (888) 266-0014 EXT. 8244, OR [email protected] Thank you, John Straley. <p>
<br>

[email protected]

<br>Hello, I read your question and the answer that Janet gave you. She is right when she said that more cracked hoofs are a nutritional problem. We have about 250 mother cows and 150 replacement heifer and some show cattle, so I have seen many cracked hoofs. The way that we have put a stop to all this is with a probiotic called Fastrack. Fastrack works in the lower digestive system of cattle. If the cattles digestive system is not working right then the ph in the blood system is lowered. This will cause the blood flow to be restricked to places like the hoofs. Cracking will happen the blood flow is restricked. Fastrack will help prevent this in healthy cattle and will work to bild new hoof in cattle with damage hoofs. If I an sounding like a sales'man well I am. You see I believe in the product so much that I became one. I use Fastrack and kknow what it can do for cattle. If I can be or any help to you with Fastrack, please let me know at (888) 266-0014 EXT. 8244, OR [email protected] Thank you, John Straley. <p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts