Coyotes in Washington Area

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":24tb00uj said:
Dogs are working nights laying up on there owners porch during the day, it is also amazing how far thay can travel in a night.

Very valid point. Again, thank you.

claytonkolb":1w6ctd1c said:
Dog, coyote, or Coydog, I will be happy to hunt down if any of you Washington cattlemen need the help. :D

Clayton, I drove past the bobcat dead on the side of the road the other day. But a guy I work with who lives 10 or so miles from me has spotted one at his place. :(
Do you hunt deer or elk, too? We've had a herd of elk walking through our pasture pretty regularly now in the evening, say the last 4 months. My husband bow hunts and I keep trying to get him to take one of them (when the season was open) but he doesn't think that's very sporting. I think meat is meat, but secretly admire that in him.

Susie

Susie,

Yes I hunt Deer and Elk too, I have two boys so we can use all the meat we can get. But, Elk and Deer seasons are in October and November :( . Be happy to hunt that bobcat in your area for you if you would like. Just need your permission and address as to where to go. That dead bobcat already on the road could make someone some money if the are in kline to do some dirty work.

Let me know what you think.
You can private message me here or give me a call
206-226-3915

Susie,
What do bobcats hurt? A few rabbits maybe a grouse or pheasant.

Beefy":31scf02v said:
where can i get some bobcats?

Have them here, their numbers have been diminished lately. Probably some still around. How can you make money with a bobcat carcass?

ive got some too. need some more to take care of some geese and kittens. just kidding, i dont have any kittens. thats what dogs are for anyway.

Beefy":20fyqwp0 said:
ive got some too. need some more to take care of some geese and kittens. just kidding, i dont have any kittens. thats what dogs are for anyway.

LOL

:p

We have lost a few to coyotes over the years. Not many but enough to make you hate them. They will almost always get a calf as it's being born or immediately afterward. Or they will get a sick animal that is too weak to fight. Snaring and calling is great sport. Set snares in out of the way places where dogs don't belong. Then, if you snare a dog, you got a dog who was probably causing trouble anyway. Just be ethical about it and run your snares every day or take them down. Calling at night is fun but I prefer to call during the day. Crowder and others are right about them not running in packs. They tend to be loners most of the year and never run in big packs.

I was deer hunting one time and a pack of five wild dogs surrounded me, running in circles barking and growling. I only had two rounds in the 06. (I never shoot more than once at a deer anyway) My heart was pounding! I blasted one and the others ran off. Now I always carry a box of ammo.....just in case. Those wild dogs are bad news, no fear of humans.

Got a buddy that fell out of a tree stand a few years back. Broke both ankles, one was a compound fracture. When his neighbor came looking for him that night, the truck lights had eyes shining everywhere. He was kinda scared to get out of the truck.
My buddy who fell was in shock but remembered looking up at a coyote about 3 feet away.

Gives me the shivers...................

I've seen as many as 9 in one bunch, but never heard of them bothering people. This time of year you will see alot of pairs for while and then as they den just singles.

Latest posts