Coyotes in Washington Area

Help Support CattleToday:

claytonkolb

Reaction score
I am a honest sportsmans trying to find more ways to enjoy my sport of coyote/predator hunting. I would be more than happy to help relieve any coyote/predator problems that plague your farm/cattle ranch in a safe, law abiding, and respectful manner. If you have any questions or would like to allow me to hunt on your land let me know.

Clayton Kolb
206-226-3915

claytonkolb":ggsib1r7 said:
I am a honest sportsmans trying to find more ways to enjoy my sport of coyote/predator hunting. I would be more than happy to help relieve any coyote/predator problems that plague your farm/cattle ranch in a safe, law abiding, and respectful manner. If you have any questions or would like to allow me to hunt on your land let me know.

Clayton Kolb
206-226-3915

I have some down here. You are welcome to them. I usually only hear them at night. I have seen them a couple times during the day though.

Would love to come down to FLorida, but there couldn't be a further place to try and get to from Washington. You can call them in with a predator call and then take them out with a rifle or shotgun with buck shot.

Heck them coyotes will be welping under them longhorns feet.
Been here since the beginning of time and be here when we are gone. If you see a coyote there is 10 you didn't. Anyone that thinks they can control coyote populations without widespread government trapping is fooling themselves.

Caustic Burno":2wnr9ve7 said:
Heck them coyotes will be welping under them longhorns feet.
Been here since the beginning of time and be here when we are gone. If you see a coyote there is 10 you didn't. Anyone that thinks they can control coyote populations without widespread government trapping is fooling themselves.

I got them under control by baiting with placenta in a 5 gal bucket tied 3 feet off the ground. Had buckets hung all over the place with a clear shot from my front porch shooting rest and and the truck window.

Had hoped for a few "Black Panthers" but none came around. ;-)

We cleaned those out a few years ago. :lol:

#4 buck baited with steer parts usually handles our problem. Had a whelp last summer up the canyon but haven't seen any in awhile. Tried the .22 route but couldn't focus at night and couldn't see anything in the '06 scope so it was the shotgun route...just had to get them close enough and have the dogs inside the porch. Usually get warning as a neighbor has geese and after they squawk and honk in the middle of the night it is followed by a shotgun report...the critters are ten-fifteen minutes away from our place. DMc

Willing to pay a fair bounty on the suckers around here.......

I have had nothing but troubles for a number of years from them....my partner down the road is losing a large number of newborn calves to yotes or dogs of late, and even tho they have killed seven in the past few weeks, it's still not enough.

Had a bonafide attack by a yote biting 3 ppl in Asheville this past week... you can check the local papers for the info!!

I found it hard to believe at first...but there it was in black and white.

I hate little more in this world besides them. :mad:

Do you hunt bobcat? i saw one up the road and DO NOT want to see it any closer to my place!
Haven't had any trouble with coyotes for a few years, knock on wood!
Good luck!

Susie

where at in Wa? I hunt in Oregon a decent amount we got a few Coyotes last summer in the blues. Talked to a guy that got 40 last year off their ranch south of pendleton. I wish i knew of some closer to you. We have alot in eastern IDaho i chase them horseback and whatnot all the time.

my dad's coonhounds spend the whole night running them off -
it can get rather noisy with the hounds doing their job - but hey the cows even learn to let the dogs stay around them -
but oooooh when a wolf or cat comes by -
the dogs are in their houses with their tails tucked!

We had a lot of trouble with coyotes from the trees behind our pasture, but the airport expanded, but in a great back fence lining the pasture, and cut all the woods back for like a mile or two to the highway. I have not even seen or even heard a yote since. :D

Susie, I can hunt bobcats until March 15th after that they are out of season and it would take a special permit from the Game & Fish department of Washington. Beef11, hunting in Oregon would be cool but I would have to get a very costly out of state hunting license. Medic24 I will past the information about your problems with very good forum/board PredatorMasters.com, for someone in your area to get them coyotes.

To all, the problem with baiting and trapping is it is not species specific. You can kill a lot of people's pets, livestock, birds, and endangered species which could be a very hefty fine. The bleeding hearts are making real impossible to use bait and traps in a lot of areas in the country leaving up to hunters to handle the problem. I know there is a lot of idoit sportsmen out there that have burned our name in the past with breaking fences, trespassing, wounding livestock, and ect. But I like to think that this is changing with the new hunters that are required to take training classes provided by the State. Safe hunting is what it is all about these days.

Oh, and coyotes go for the the calves and the sick and injured. Not the long horn bulls, even if a bull would try to protect his herd they are too slow for a coyote. Train dogs are no match for a wild coyote.

Lots of coyotes around here, sometimes at night hear them yelping, must be 50 by the sound of it. Never had one attack a calf, they seem to take a wide berth around Brahmans for some reason.

Domestic dogs are afraid of bob cats, we have bobcats and coyotes, which we have a dairy and never had any problems with coyotes attacking baby calves. They howl at night, I think it is very cool to listen too, and my dogs keep em away from the cattle. Frankly i don't think they really are as big as a problem as what people say, not here in Missouri anyways.

milesvb":1sjk56rw said:
mdmdogs3":1sjk56rw said:
but oooooh when a WOLF or cat comes by - the dogs are in their houses with their tails tucked!

Wolves in Arkansas?

yep - we had lost a number of calves that year and my Dad said the kills didn't look like any coyote kills he had seen before -
somebody shot it (about 1/2 mile from here) and it was as big as a great dane! - :shock: :shock: :shock: