Cows with watery eyes??

Help Support CattleToday:

C HOLLAND

Reaction score
I know it's probally from all the high winds we had yesterday, but I noticed all my heifers in the main field had a lot of water running from their eyes. It was more evident on my Chrolais than the others. I just came in this morning and they all seem better.

??? is it probally caused by all the high winds

Yes, probably. Some cows have more sensitive eyes than others and the dirt and wind can irritate. You should see me on a windy day, I always look like I've been crying. :lol:
I wouldn't worry about them.

C HOLLAND":3gg3gj7r said:
I know it's probally from all the high winds we had yesterday, but I noticed all my heifers in the main field had a lot of water running from their eyes. It was more evident on my Chrolais than the others. I just came in this morning and they all seem better.

??? is it probally caused by all the high winds

I would imagine you are correct. Solution:

Find the appropriate goggles at an army/ranch surplus store and apply them on windy days. ;-)

The ones I use have tinted lenses. :shock: :shock:

Some of our girls have runny eyes every time we have a really windy day (and we have had lots of those lately), but for the most part, it is always the same cows that the wind affects. I guess some just have more sensitive eyes than others.

Zach

Latest posts