Cows on fresh pasture in the back 40

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Worked and turned cows and calves in on the back field a couple days ago.

New Limi x Angus calf a few minutes old.

2 of 3 of our Hereford heifers.

Bright Raven":384lkbu7 said:
Your grass looks good. Got .73 inches of rain last night - WE needed it.

Thanks, I had been debating whether or not to have that field cut for hay, but the cows had really eaten down where they were and I didn't think it would hold them till then. I don't know the amount of rain we got last night, but it wasn't much. I hope I'm wrong, but wondering if we may be in for a dry summer.

Ky hills":2ta7vzgj said:
Bright Raven":2ta7vzgj said:
Your grass looks good. Got .73 inches of rain last night - WE needed it.

Thanks, I had been debating whether or not to have that field cut for hay, but the cows had really eaten down where they were and I didn't think it would hold them till then. I don't know the amount of rain we got last night, but it wasn't much. I hope I'm wrong, but wondering if we may be in for a dry summer.

Guy at Mayslick mill told me this morning across the river (Ohio), they got 1 and half inches. Wind, down trees, hail.

Wow grass looks awesome! Pond looks full as well. I was thinking the same on a dry summer it's been really dry up until the last two weeks. Snows been messy and pain to deal with but it still isn't adding up to a lot of overall moisture. Usually this time of year the cows are piecing together rafts to float around the pasture

TennesseeTuxedo":2ttyb00p said:
Love that Lim cross calf. Looks like a pretty good sized calf.

Thanks. That is probably my largest cow, her calves have ranged from very small to comparable to that one, by Angus bulls.

Ky hills":1p9lvvt1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1p9lvvt1 said:
Love that Lim cross calf. Looks like a pretty good sized calf.

Thanks. That is probably my largest cow, her calves have ranged from very small to comparable to that one, by Angus bulls.

I have a hunch I'll have some good sized calves myself a year from now. :D

Ky hills":2pgxqbgc said:
Worked and turned cows and calves in on the back field a couple days ago.

New Limi x Angus calf a few minutes old.

2 of 3 of our Hereford heifers.

Looking good

Latest posts