cows nose hot and dry and tounge hanging out after calving

Help Support CattleToday:

dream catcher

Reaction score
why would a cows nose be hot and dry and tounge hanging out of mouth 2 hours after calving. 2 weeks earlier she was sick with temp and vet treated her and she was fine this is her second calf today she delivered at vet office because calf had to be pulled. But after words 2 hours later her nose was hot and her tounge hanging out I know she was beat after delivery but she didn't do this with her first calf. we left her at vets but vet said he didn't know why can any one here help.

dream catcher":3cb6cyve said:
why would a cows nose be hot and dry and tounge hanging out of mouth 2 hours after calving. 2 weeks earlier she was sick with temp and vet treated her and she was fine this is her second calf today she delivered at vet office because calf had to be pulled. But after words 2 hours later her nose was hot and her tounge hanging out I know she was beat after delivery but she didn't do this with her first calf. we left her at vets but vet said he didn't know why can any one here help.

Considering the fact that she was sick and running a temperature 2 weeks ago, I'm thinking the ordeal of calving has taken a much bigger toll than usual and she is run down and exhausted. Tongue hanging out is a pretty good indicator of extreme exertion, exhaustion, and a few other things as well. Depending on what type of illness she had previously, she may relapse and I would keep a close and careful eye on her.

You're welcome! I'm glad she's doing better and her calf was not affected. Thanks for the update. :)

Latest posts