Cows 'n Calves (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are some of our top end cows and their calves. Most of these girls are 8+ years old, and quite well proven.

First, though, we found a problem when we got up there, this cow lost her ear tag, and I just don't know how we will ever figure out WHO she is!! :banana: :lol2:
tn_DSC09315.jpg

#121, One of the younger end, a 4 year old
tn_DSC09363.jpg

#25, This girl is 8.
tn_DSC09298.jpg

#78, this is the best she has ever looked. 10 years old, she has had 11 calves.
tn_DSC09302.jpg

#59, the only pure Hereford we have left. Her calf is hereford sired as well. She is 6
tn_DSC09310.jpg

#79, she is a 7 year old.
tn_DSC09311.jpg

#165, this is one of 3 two year olds in this bunch.
tn_DSC09334.jpg

Now for some calves, most of them are March babies. A couple Aprils and a couple Feb's

#165, Feb calf. Angus baby.
tn_DSC09356.jpg

#73, out of the Hereford bull in the other post
tn_DSC09360.jpg

Same calf, different view
tn_DSC09353.jpg

3 Amigos ?? The little one is an Apr baby
tn_DSC09361.jpg

#54, HH sired
tn_DSC09355.jpg

#40, out of that HH bull also
tn_DSC09304.jpg

#217, Angus sired
tn_DSC09341.jpg

that is an usual marking on the tagless cow, is that some kind of roan coming out. does it pass on any of her calves, or just a fluke. oops ????? i for got the question marks :oops: :roll:

The markings on that tagless cow are awesome. So Striking!! It looks like someone has thrown a bucket of paint at her :lol:

Andrew

jcarkie":ibnkvogs said:
that is an usual marking on the tagless cow, is that some kind of roan coming out. does it pass on any of her calves, or just a fluke. oops ????? i for got the question marks :oops: :roll:

I think that it may be a birth mark. She has never passed any sort of a mark on to her calves, and I really don't think that it really is roan. Besides it is too well defined. It runs along one side of her neck, exactly down the nape of the neck and the brisket, cuts down at her shoulder and basically her jaw line. The other side is solid red..... We bought her as a 2 year old (she's 10 now) so I don't know her previous story.

Latest posts