Cows gone mad.

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Sarria

Reaction score
Cows gone mad.

The weirdest thing yesterday 2 of my cows started to bump heads for a good long time one is a older dominant cow 6 year old and the other is 4 the 4 year old cow won but wont stop chasseing her all over. But now today I see that older cow and my little calf that was born 2/14/07 bumping heads and when the cow would turn and run the calf would chases and pump her rear end till she was out of there??and the 4 year old cow would soon start the chases. her is pic of calf
NewBullCalf.jpg

what you seen while you was in the pasture.was the 4yr old cow challanging the boss cow.for the #1 position in the herd.an the 4yr old won.an she is now boss of the herd.now as for the cow an calf.i think they was just playing.but not sure.could be the calf belongs to the new boss cow.an the calf is running the old boss cow off.

bigbull338":2omxi939 said:
what you seen while you was in the pasture.was the 4yr old cow challanging the boss cow.for the #1 position in the herd.an the 4yr old won.an she is now boss of the herd.now as for the cow an calf.i think they was just playing.but not sure.could be the calf belongs to the new boss cow.an the calf is running the old boss cow off.

I think you are right they are all clam today I think we have a new leader.

M.Sarria":ixkuebvr said:
Cows gone mad.

The weirdest thing yesterday 2 of my cows started to bump heads for a good long time one is a older dominant cow 6 year old and the other is 4 the 4 year old cow won but wont stop chasseing her all over. But now today I see that older cow and my little calf that was born 2/14/07 bumping heads and when the cow would turn and run the calf would chases and pump her rear end till she was out of there??and the 4 year old cow would soon start the chases.
Sounds to me like one of them might be coming on heat! Do both cows have calves? How long since they had them?

Putangitangi":1ijsxw0t said:
M.Sarria":1ijsxw0t said:
Cows gone mad.

The weirdest thing yesterday 2 of my cows started to bump heads for a good long time one is a older dominant cow 6 year old and the other is 4 the 4 year old cow won but wont stop chasseing her all over. But now today I see that older cow and my little calf that was born 2/14/07 bumping heads and when the cow would turn and run the calf would chases and pump her rear end till she was out of there??and the 4 year old cow would soon start the chases.
Sounds to me like one of them might be coming on heat! Do both cows have calves? How long since they had them?

No they are both do in june.