cows going to slaughter

Help Support CattleToday:

jt

Reaction score
around here it seems like more cows than usual are going to slaughter because of the high killer prices.. i have seen some really good cows go just because of their size. they bring more weighing them out than what area ranchers would give by the head, and the killer buyers are buying them up.

just curious because if this is in fact happening more than usual then it would work to keep the cow numbers down and prices high.

i know that what i am seeing here is only a drop in the bucket in the whole scheme of things, but was just curious if this is in fact what is happening overall.

jt

jt":4ejpgwmg said:
around here it seems like more cows than usual are going to slaughter because of the high killer prices.. i have seen some really good cows go just because of their size. they bring more weighing them out than what area ranchers would give by the head, and the killer buyers are buying them up.

just curious because if this is in fact happening more than usual then it would work to keep the cow numbers down and prices high.

i know that what i am seeing here is only a drop in the bucket in the whole scheme of things, but was just curious if this is in fact what is happening overall.

jt

Yeh jt. this is pretty much what is happening all over the country. killers are willing to pay more for the cows than ranchers and farmers are willing to pay to bring them back into the cowherd.
This will definitely help to keep the nations cow herd numbers down.

Latest posts