Cows don’t seem to know what to do.

Help Support CattleToday:

Mine were just hungry.
Mine were too. This morning before it started snowing they were on the bale i set out yesterday afternoon. When it started snowing heavily I saw them run for cover. When a break in it came and mostly stopped snowing, they headed back to the hay. Wasn't long in it started up again and off they ran again. Shortly after is when I caught the last of them heading for better cover. Just before dark it let up and they were back on the hay. Guess you could say they had a three course meal today. 😄

Interesting day yesterday for sure. I measured 7 inches on the picnic table....how you supposed to measure snow anyhow?... We got out and fed a few rolls. Wife went with since the power was out. KIMG0405.JPGKIMG0415.JPGKIMG0418.JPG

Always a good day to find a new calf.1648.jpeg

We Got back home to still no power...no worries girlfriend I'm prepared.KIMG0422.JPGKIMG0411.JPG
I guess maybe the most snow I've seen in my life. I wouldn't want it all the time but definitely beautiful.

Any body make "Snow Cream"? Snow, a little milk and vanilla flavoring if I remember correctly. Use to be a thing around here. Don't know if other places have ever heard of that. But, avoid the yellow snow - too much flavor.

You guys in Texas are not supposed to be getting that much snow. Might be a commie plot to spread the virus. :)
Will help with soil moisture if you are still short on rain.

Interesting day yesterday for sure. I measured 7 inches on the picnic table....how you supposed to measure snow anyhow?... We got out and fed a few rolls. Wife went with since the power was out. View attachment 1580View attachment 1581View attachment 1582

Always a good day to find a new calf.View attachment 1583

We Got back home to still no power...no worries girlfriend I'm prepared.View attachment 1584View attachment 1585
I guess maybe the most snow I've seen in my life. I wouldn't want it all the time but definitely beautiful.
I'd say it's the most I've seen too. Don't recall being able to watch it start to finish either. Usually always woke up to it or it started at dusk and snowed through the night. Not sure what we got but I pushed my hand through it and it came up almost to my wrist. I'm going with 5 - 6 inches. This on top of 2+ inches of rain last week...it's going to get real sloppy for a few days.

Any body make "Snow Cream"? Snow, a little milk and vanilla flavoring if I remember correctly. Use to be a thing around here. Don't know if other places have ever heard of that. But, avoid the yellow snow - too much flavor.

You guys in Texas are not supposed to be getting that much snow. Might be a commie plot to spread the virus. :)
Will help with soil moisture if you are still short on rain.
Every time it snows!!!! Gotta add some sugar along with milk and vanilla. Mix that together to suit your taste then add snow to make it thin or thick. Granny use to put a raw egg in it. I don't. Hers was alot better than mine.

I bet it doesn't last long!
We had our last heavy snow in the opposite order - got 14" of snow - then 1-2" of rain. Water, water every where! Christmas morning. By Christmas late afternoon, it started snowing again and got somewhat pretty again.

Yesterday it snowed most of the day and the cattle and calves did act like they did not know what to do.

There was a little snow left this morning, but it's mostly melted now.snow-1.jpg

Yes the photo was taken using a drone that is on the cheaper end. It's a Contixo F24. We've rolled it over on the ground and banged it into a tree and it's still going.

Latest posts