cows do the darndest things

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I heated up water when we had that big snow in my hog scalding tubs to pour in other animals water to thaw it out the water got to around 100 degrees in that area and I left to do something I came back those fools " Cows " drank it all up. I had no idea they would do that but I guess it was like hot tea for them. I should have kept the wood on top of the tubs like I usually do until im ready to scald a pig. :dunce:

One of the funniest I ever saw was a cow/heifer, posted at Rancher's, that got her head stuck in a lawn chair. The thing was marching around the pasture wearing the chair. :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

Ok... I left some shingles on the ground and went to get more nails and came back a heifer was eating a piece of shingle that was 2 days ago... Mind you all the grain she could dream of and hay and is eating a shingle... FOOL

Friend of mine was doing some chores using an old Ferguson 30 tractor. Decided to go into the house for a sandwich. Parked the tractor in the pasture but not 30 feet from the house. Not a cow in sight. Came back out 20 minutes later. All the plug wires were gone off the tractor. Again not a cow in site but fresh cow tracks on that side of the tractor. If he had stayed in the house a while longer they would have stripped the tires or eaten the seat cover.

Had one(mexicun cow) yesterday come to the Kubota while I was put a panel over a tree that fell on fence when I turned around she was running with about 30 # bag of alfafa cubes in her mouth and several were chasing her

M-5":1rppre2k said:
Had one(mexicun cow) yesterday come to the Kubota while I was put a panel over a tree that fell on fence when I turned around she was running with about 30 # bag of alfafa cubes in her mouth and several were chasing her

Had the same thing happen with oats.

Margonme":368rzmn1 said:
Yes, they are just like kids.
Like BIG kids- they get jealous & fight over who gets their butt scratched! I have to be careful to not get run over during the festivities. :eek:

Latest posts