cows do the darndest things

Help Support CattleToday:

reeler":34tjxzg4 said:
Margonme":34tjxzg4 said:
Yes, they are just like kids.
Like BIG kids- they get jealous & fight over who gets their butt scratched! I have to be careful to not get run over during the festivities. :eek:

Yep. Mine do the same thing.

reeler":800ctjwb said:
Margonme":800ctjwb said:
Like BIG kids- they get jealous & fight over who gets their butt scratched! I have to be careful to not get run over during the festivities. :eek:
I had a good laugh a while back.. two cows were adamant about getting their butt scratched, so they both put their butts against me.. I started scratching, and they leaned into it and wiggled around.. when I left they were rubbing butts on each other, oblivious to the fact I was gone

Nesikep":2sxgqdes said:
reeler":2sxgqdes said:
Margonme":2sxgqdes said:
I had a good laugh a while back.. two cows were adamant about getting their butt scratched, so they both put their butts against me.. I started scratching, and they leaned into it and wiggled around.. when I left they were rubbing butts on each other, oblivious to the fact I was gone

Needed a pic of that!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

Our cows will constantly fight over attention. The older cows will follow the heifers around because they know that the heifers always get rubbed, brushed, and get the special treats. All I have to do to get the big cows to run away is walk up to the heifers with a rope halter. The heifers will stand still while the big cows scatter knowing that they might have to work!

MRRherefords":1wcnm8v2 said:
Our cows will constantly fight over attention. The older cows will follow the heifers around because they know that the heifers always get rubbed, brushed, and get the special treats. All I have to do to get the big cows to run away is walk up to the heifers with a rope halter. The heifers will stand still while the big cows scatter knowing that they might have to work!
Good idea, except my cows don't know what a halter is. Maybe someone will give an instructional post, with video, about how to halter train a cow! I believe I've read Mr. Nesi refer to his cows being halter trained too. Actually,tried to halter train once- :bang:

Thank you cattle for chewing the cord into I had nothing better to do than a emergency repair of your fence charger first thing this morning.

IMG_20170207_071700827_zps3au8b1xz.jpg