Cows and heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

RD-Sam

Reaction score
This is a 6 year old 878 daughter, just moved her and the others to a new pasture. Critique welcomed. :D

112310-2-10Web.jpg

Here is an Ambush 28 heifer out of the cow above, 10 months old. She is standing downhill, not a great shot. She does have a level topline in a normal stance.

14910-2-10Web.jpg

A 5 month old Predestined heifer out of another 878 daughter.

531010-2-10Web.jpg

ALACOWMAN":19iy8iyi said:
look good,, no fall grazing ???

They were up in that pen area getting some feed and mineral. We had a hay bale for them when we moved them to the new location, figured I would keep them there for a week, but they were so calm we went ahead and turned them out on the pasture on the second day. We fed them for a week to get them use to coming in that pen. They come running like a bunch of dogs when you shake that feed bag. :lol2:

Here is the whole group the day after they made the 3+ hour trip. On the front row checking out Phil's daughter, left is 10 month old Ambush 28 heifer, middle is a 23 month old Foresight daughter, right is a 4 year old 878 daughter and mother of the Predestined heifer above. Predestined heifer in the back with the butt sticking out, 7 year old 878 daughter in the back. Cow standing down the hill is the 878 daughter above, 4 month old calf laying down is out of Oak Bowery Alliance 723, cow laying down is 3 year old out of Three Trees Next Step.

GroupatPhilsWeb.jpg

Question on your ear tags, most tag females in their left ear and males in their right. Any reason why you do it in either?

ALACOWMAN":2se7xffy said:
RD-Sam":2se7xffy said:
ALACOWMAN":2se7xffy said:
is that cherokee county?
Nope, north Georgia, near Dalton.
ah Dalton,,, seen any mezcans around
:cowboy:

My buddies wife shoots at them regularly, they steal fruit and nuts from their trees and rob their garden!

Arkieman":1gd34wck said:
Question on your ear tags, most tag females in their left ear and males in their right. Any reason why you do it in either?

The one cow was already tagged in the left. The person that tagged and tattooed them for me usually tattoos in the left and tags in the right, that was fine with me. Bulls usually have those dangling parts, so they are easy to spot, even far off. :lol2:

Foresight heifer, been doing some serious grazing.
00110-10-10b.jpg

nice looking cattle, i'd be proud to own any of them but i might be partial to that 878 daughter cow..

tsmaxx47":1scptaif said:
nice looking cattle, i'd be proud to own any of them but i might be partial to that 878 daughter cow..

Thanks! She is a darn nice cow, and she has been giving me some nice calves. That Foresight heifer is her daughter. She is about as docile as it gets, I was scratching her head today and rubbing on her body while I walked around her.

My friends boy petting some of those mean old angus heifers. :lol2:
10-18-10cweb.jpg

I'm surprised somebody hasn't said the pic was photoshopped. :lol2:

Amazing everybody has diff. opinions. I like'em all except 878. Maybe it's just the picture angle. Not bad but just doesn't appeal to me...one man's opinion only. ;-)

Latest posts