cows and calves on grass

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
Some pics from tonight checking the cattle. Resize them please if they stay small.

A Sergent son with his dam

A Progress 2 year old with her Radar bull calf

Supper time a Thunderbolt daughter nursing a Ribeye 2 year old

A Boaz steer out of a red baldy 4 year old

P7080568.JPG

P7080582.JPG

P7080588.JPG

P7080605.JPG

S&S Farms":1q9rsbrh said:
Some pics from tonight checking the cattle. Resize them please if they stay small.

A Sergent son with his dam

A Progress 2 year old with her Radar bull calf

Supper time a Thunderbolt daughter nursing a Ribeye 2 year old

A Boaz steer out of a red baldy 4 year old

S&S

What are your thoughts on the Progress daughters in production? I have 2 really nice fall heifers and wondered how they will be in production.

tlmcr":14s161ku said:
S&S

What are your thoughts on the Progress daughters in production? I have 2 really nice fall heifers and wondered how they will be in production.
I have 3 2year olds the one pictured was a 44 lb twin at birth. All three have nice udders and ample milk. I have seen several in 3 different herds they all seem to be good mothers.

Boaz is a bull raised by Julian on this board and a neighbor I have been using him to try and get some red baldies.

Kingfisher":2mm6wrux said:
That " Boaz" steer looks pretty healthy! What exactly or who exactly is Boaz? Thanks in advance.

Boaz is our lead sire in our registered Red Angus herd of closebred B571 cattle here in Kansas. S&S has some real nice crossbred calves out of Boaz and their commerical cowherd that runs right along side of their registered Polled Herefords. Semen on Boaz has been used from North Dakota to here in Kansas and from Colorado to Iowa. Sons of Boaz are being used in commerial herds as far away as Texas. A 3/4+ brother to Boaz is being used in a registered Red Angus herd in Nebraska this year as well. We have a page dedicated to Boaz on our website as well.
http://www.SteadfastBeef.com
Thank you, Jeff! We appreciate you finding him worthy of use in your commercial herd!

Thanks for the information on Progress. I really like the llok of my progress daughters, I will use him more this fall.

Latest posts