Cowboy Cut

Help Support CattleToday:

Bird

Reaction score
Figuring a lot of people out there have used CCR Cowboy Cut. Can you please tell me what you think about him. Female maker?, and growth? Thanks

I have 8 due September and October 2018. Fire Sweep has one. Roy Canada holds him in high regard. He is one of Genex best sellers.

Really good numbered cattle. I have heard that he could take some rib off, but he is a very heavily used sire. We have not used him but I've seen some good bulls out of him sell this spring.

We have one on the ground, about 60 days old. Her dam is Spring Velvet. She came small and is growing well.

Fire Sweep Ranch":3slzg7a0 said:
We have one in the ground, about 60 days old. Her dam is Spring Velvet. She came small and is growing well.

Sorry to hear that. What happened?

We have a Cowboy Cut X High Regard cow . She did a good job raising her first calf and is very easy to work with which means a lot to me. I would try him he has good epd`s.

JSimmentals":1fksv9wp said:
This is a Cowboy Cut/Spring Velvet bull that I have

How neat is that? This little girl is ALSO a Cowboy Cut x Spring Velvet! She is 70 days old in the picture, and coming along nicely. I have two more embryos in the tank, need to get them in cows!
2il1187.jpg

Fire Sweep Ranch":184oagr0 said:
JSimmentals":184oagr0 said:
This is a Cowboy Cut/Spring Velvet bull that I have

How neat is that? This little girl is ALSO a Cowboy Cut x Spring Velvet! She is 70 days old in the picture, and coming along nicely. I have two more embryos in the tank, need to get them in cows!
2il1187.jpg

I have another bull that is a just turned a year old the calves have been amazing the way they grow and look

I think I have decided on Cowboy Cut and LRS Elevate this year. Hopefully I will get some heifers out of them.

Thanks! I plan to order and have it picked up at the Ohio Beef Expo to save shipping costs.
Also have you ever used sexed heifer semen? I have heard it can hurt conception rates. I dont think it's available on either of these bulls but I have been wondering about that.

Dale L said:
Thanks! I plan to order and have it picked up at the Ohio Beef Expo to save shipping costs.
Also have you ever used sexed heifer semen? I have heard it can hurt conception rates. I dont think it's available on either of these bulls but I have been wondering about that.

No. Don't use it. Conception rates are a bit lower. Cowboy Cut did have sexed semen but may not still be available. He had some collection issues.

Latest posts