cow wil not lift tail

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah never mind the bacteria from the faeces coming in contact with the reproductive system :roll: Never mind the old front to back rule, it's nonsense apparently. People often cull animals with short tail heads because the animals crap in their vulva and are therefore prone to infection. I never said the tail lift was conscious, it's an unconscious movement. If the animal is not doing actions that are unconscious (lifting, swatting flies etc) it means it's not a pinched nerve. If you have a broken rib you still breathe right? Even though it hurts? Or even though you have a sore tooth you still yawn yeah? Same thing.

Regolith: True about the sheep thing. I think in an instance like this complete removal of the tail would be acceptable because of the possible health risks. I think with the rebreeding the risk would be more in the tail not moving so the bull might have trouble entering... At least with your cow the tail has moved to the side permanently.

This might be the silliest most naive paragraphs yet on CT.

aussie_cowgirl said:
Yeah never mind the bacteria from the faeces coming in contact with the reproductive system :roll: Never mind the old front to back rule, it's nonsense apparently. People often cull animals with short tail heads because the animals crap in their vulva and are therefore prone to infection. I never said the tail lift was conscious, it's an unconscious movement. If the animal is not doing actions that are unconscious (lifting, swatting flies etc) it means it's not a pinched nerve. If you have a broken rib you still breathe right? Even though it hurts? Or even though you have a sore tooth you still yawn yeah? Same thing.

I'm not going to argue with you any more MNM. You have already proven yourself petty and closed minded and I prefer not to associate with those sorts of people.

Mem, for your own sake, please talk to your vet about this issue.

aussie_cowgirl":38by85ty said:
I think with the rebreeding the risk would be more in the tail not moving so the bull might have trouble entering

I think this poses the bigger problem and I think complete removal would solve it; however, it might be prudent to give her a season with the bull first, to see if it is going to affect reproduction. Chances are she and/or the bull might be keen enough to figure out a way to get around it. Even cycle her up with a bit of lute so you know exactly when she will be in season and can be there to watch.

Latest posts