cow walking funny

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

She takes quick short steps. She does not seem to favor any certian leg.She keeps her head mostly straight and kinda hung down alittle.She does seem to be eating and hangs out with the other cows.I had 2 of them act like this 2 weeks ago and I put them in the holding pen for 2 days and they got better with no meds. They looked like they had a hard time going to the bathroom(hard,not the normal stool with all this new growth) I just pulled the mag o min tubs and put the worm blocks out and sprayed for flies ticks,and lice last week.The way they are walking kinda looks like the way I walk when I throw my back out. HUM? Well thanks in advance for any advice. JW

jwbud":1yxcro7z said:
She takes quick short steps. She does not seem to favor any certian leg.She keeps her head mostly straight and kinda hung down alittle.She does seem to be eating and hangs out with the other cows.I had 2 of them act like this 2 weeks ago and I put them in the holding pen for 2 days and they got better with no meds. They looked like they had a hard time going to the bathroom(hard,not the normal stool with all this new growth) I just pulled the mag o min tubs and put the worm blocks out and sprayed for flies ticks,and lice last week.The way they are walking kinda looks like the way I walk when I throw my back out. HUM? Well thanks in advance for any advice. JW

Sounds like you have constipated cows, this can lead to prolapse due to all the straining. Do you have any other high protien source of feed in the pasture, if you do pull it. Put the cows on grass only. I had one to anally prolapse this spring, the cause she started camping out at the liquid feeder. After an expensive vet bill she gets to go to the salebarn tomorrow.