COW VERSUS BLACK BEAR PICS

Help Support CattleToday:

jtbakv

Reaction score
I got an e-mail with these pic. I thought ya'll would like to see this. Email says it from BC Canada. Farmer goes out to check on his cattle since He knew he was having problems with some bears and this is what he found on this day. Had to be early fall I guess or spring. I hope I get the pictures right.
come_on_bear.jpg

get_some_bear.jpg

off_with_your_head_bear.jpg

take_that_bear.jpg

2_cows_attack1.jpg

2_cows_attack_2.jpg

cow_leg_is_good.jpg

what_happened_.jpg

those_cows_are_tough.jpg

Woo hoo! Way to go, girls. Awesome outcome, that bear learned a good lesson and got to live thru it. Hopefully that was a young she-bear and she will teach her cubs to leave cattle alone, too.

MO_cows":2wcjs50i said:
Woo hoo! Way to go, girls. Awesome outcome, that bear learned a good lesson and got to live thru it. Hopefully that was a young she-bear and she will teach her cubs to leave cattle alone, too.
I agree! Those girls took their job seriously and did it well!!!! :clap:

jedstivers":2us8vpdq said:
Thats sure doing her job. Didn't wait for backup either. All she needed was a good set of horns an she would have had a bear kabob for lunch.

Does this mean that there is a place for that 1500lb cow after all? :lol2: :lol2:

Suzie Q":1p56xkoz said:
I was amazed at the smallness of the bear. Of course we only see them on TV, so I guess they always pick the biggest.

Comparing the size of that bear with the size of those cows I'd say it was a younger bear. Not a young cub by any means, but not a big old boar bear. Most likely a young female.

Every herd could use a momma cow or two like her, especially in areas where dogs are a problem.

Thanks for posting those pics jtbakv.

Katherine

I agree with you folks that it was definitely a youngster bear and looked to a female by the size and shape of the head. Probably it's first year away from momma bear.

Shame that whitefaced cow was polled cause then you wouldn't a had to worry about that one showing up during calving season.

3waycross":2lynpijn said:
Isomade":2lynpijn said:
The tan white face cow is a bad azz.

Wanna bet who the BOSS COW is in that herd?

She could be the boss, but I read a while back that the leader isn't necessarily the dominant one. Sometimes the dominant cow is so busy beating others up and maintaining her status that she doesn't have time to deal with issues such as this.

In my little herd of two, the second ranked heifer is the one chasing dogs off. The top ranked heifer is more timid, so maybe her insecurity leads her to beat up the other one. Anyway, enough cow shrink talk.

And to think there are people on here who talk like they are scared of bears but they mess with cows everyday. A 1,500 pound cow verus a 200 pound bear and the cow wins every time. The same would apply to a person.

Of course although they could both kill you. The cow wont eat you......

Dave said:
And to think there are people on here who talk like they are scared of bears but they mess with cows everyday. A 1,500 pound cow verus a 200 pound bear and the cow wins every time. The same would apply to a person.

Of course although they could both kill you. The cow wont eat you......[/quote]

I have know a couple that would.

3waycross":2bs9v9f3 said:
Of course although they could both kill you. The cow wont eat you......

I have know a couple that would.[/quote]

I don't know about that. I have taken a hooken or two by a cow and seen some other take some pretty good ones. But hey never had teeth marks. On the other hand I had a co-worker in Alaska that a bear chewed on pretty good. He seemed to have teeth marks left every where.

Of course does it really matter if you are dead? One you end up being bear poop. The other you get stomped into the cow poop. You are poop out of luck either way.

Just one word describes those photos ... WOW!

Thanks for posting them. You don't see that everyday.