Cow tipping....fact or rural legend

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
Ok....I've never been on a cow tipping expedition...even after filling my belly with beer and bull with my good o'l friends. Let's put this to rest, at least in my mind....any real tales to share.
Susie says that I tend to tip to much anyway...
Dave Mc

I've heard of cow tipping too but never seen it done or heard from anyone who has had their cows tipped over. Some neighbor kids back in the spring told one of my kids that they were going cow tipping in my pasture. I told my son to tell em to go ahead-I figured as soon as they see all those big horns they'll change their minds. Maybe they'll try to tip my old bull. :lol:

100_0276.jpg

Yeah...that's what I've noticed too. Had some pretty lazy ones
but never saw a cow sleep standing up....under trees in the snow instead of a loafing shed...but then when I had most of my hair and all my own teeth I was thinking about other things when I was in a pasture at night.
Usually had to do with biology lessons.
Rustler9...would ake a whole football team to tip that fella...
Dave Mc

we only cow tipped when snipe season was over :)

dun":3epclz0p said:
Since they sleep laying down.........................

dun
Exactly. All of mine sleep on the ground. How you been Dun, i have been busy.

Scotty

dj":3ocyp0og said:
we only cow tipped when snipe season was over :)

Same here dj!

Oh, and uh rustler9? Those are the kind you jump on and drive!

On a more serious note I really do sneak up on mine..... sometimes..while they are standing...at night! :) and they might as well be asleep cause when I touch em or speak out scares the you know what out of them.......sometimes. :lol:

Had a guy swear that he could tip a cow. Some of us took him up on it. I think it is called drunk tipping now, since cow tipped him with left rear leg :D

Angus Guy":2bxcwyyq said:
Had a guy swear that he could tip a cow. Some of us took him up on it. I think it is called drunk tipping now, since cow tipped him with left rear leg :D

:lol: :lol:

Service and attitude...but that is another topic all together.
Had daughters who served while in school, made darn sure I learned the value of good service and tipped accordingly, probably why Susie says that I tip the young ones to much.
Dave Mc

Always heard people talk about cow tipping, never seen it done though. I'd be willing to pay to see somebody tip that ol bull of yours Rustler.

Why not submit the question the "myth busters"? I'm sure those lunatics would have a blast with something like that

dun

dun":jy2qes4q said:
Why not submit the question the "myth busters"? I'm sure those lunatics would have a blast with something like that

dun

Dun,

That is an excellent idea..really!

.........and flaboy, horses are easier :D

Susie David":fm8ia7u5 said:
Ok....I've never been on a cow tipping expedition...even after filling my belly with beer and bull with my good o'l friends. Let's put this to rest, at least in my mind....any real tales to share.
Susie says that I tend to tip to much anyway...
Dave Mc

Ok Dave lets put it to rest.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/cowtipping.htm

not sure if that urban legend is more legend than urban or more urban than legend. one things for sure it aint rural. land sakes