cow tax revisited

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild":1rz47zw3 said:
Thanks for a Reinforcement of my thoughts on your last 3 sentences before the last one.

I like to drink a beer as well. You kinda lost me on the gay stuff.

I think or flp will handle the situation even if it passes. No one in their right mind would think doing that kinda price increase to beef. It just shows who we have elected into office.

I have never met someone who has become martyr personally. Doesn't seem that you could know one as they would be dead. Unless claimed a special walk I guess.

The gay comment was in reference to going to prison for tax evasion. I originally thought the proposed legislation wouldn't pass. However, after reading more information about what scientists are claiming to be evidence, I can see it passing. You got my trick question...a martyr...you can never "know" one...as in the present. :mrgreen:

HerefordSire":2chnchei said:
Besides, they can paper trail your funds all the way to the church offering if they wanted.
They didn't find Madoff, but then like you said, they didn't want to.

Wewild":2rfkrk2o said:
HerefordSire":2rfkrk2o said:
Brandon...It is the spirit of the proposed law. It is not worth going to the pen for tax evasion.

Trick question. How many folks have gone to the federal pen for tax evasion? If any why?

This is a famous one. Look at the bold print.

On June 16, 1931, Al Capone pled guilty to tax evasion and prohibition charges. He then boasted to the press that he had struck a deal for a two-and-one-half year sentence, but the presiding judge informed him he, the judge, was not bound by any deal. Capone then changed his plea to not guilty.

On October 18, 1931, Capone was convicted after trial, and on November 24, was sentenced to eleven years in Federal prison, fined $50,000 and charged $7,692 for court costs, in addition to $215,000 plus interest due on back taxes. The six-month Contempt of Court sentence was to be served concurrently.

While awaiting the results of appeals, Capone was confined to the Cook County Jail. Upon denial of appeals, he entered the U.S. Penitentiary at Atlanta, serving his sentence there and at Alcatraz.

On November 16, 1939, Al Capone was released after having served seven years, six months and fifteen days, and having paid all fines and back taxes.

Suffering from paresis derived from syphilis, he had deteriorated greatly during his confinement. Immediately on release he entered a Baltimore hospital for brain treatment, and then went on to his Florida home, an estate on Palm Island in Biscayne Bay near Miami, which he had purchased in 1928.

http://www.fbi.gov/libref/historic/famc ... capone.htm

The federal prisons are full of tax evaders. Here is another famous one.

Wesley Snipes Sentenced To Three Years For Tax Evasion
2008-04-26 01:11:00
3 years. That?s the number of years that Wesley Snipes will be sent to prison for not paying his taxes. This is another example that lends credibility to the truism that one cannot escape death and taxes, unless you live in the Philippines. If my memory serves me right, tax evasion was also Al Capone?s downfall.But the question really is-- why the heck am I talking about Wesley Snipes in this blog? The obvious reason (though I will never own up to it) is that this is going to be fodder for search engines in the next few days or weeks and I?ll be damned if I?m going to let this opportunity pass by without me getting a piece of the action. Let?s see if I do get my hands dirty on this one.My official pronouncement however as to why I am including Wesley Snipes? sorry fate in this space is to warn those folks who are earning a lot from blogging that if you are not careful, you may be sharing Wesley Snipes' fate. Whatever you earn from blogging will always be covered by your own country...

http://www.blogtoplist.com/rss/tax-evasion.html

HerefordSire":18gmfjyv said:
Wewild":18gmfjyv said:
HerefordSire":18gmfjyv said:
Brandon...It is the spirit of the proposed law. It is not worth going to the pen for tax evasion.

Trick question. How many folks have gone to the federal pen for tax evasion? If any why?

This is a famous one. Look at the bold print.

On June 16, 1931, Al Capone

You failed. Everyone knows that. Name another. Why?

1982vett":tpmfchq0 said:
HerefordSire":tpmfchq0 said:
Besides, they can paper trail your funds all the way to the church offering if they wanted.
They didn't find Madoff, but then like you said, they didn't want to.

Correct. He was too powerful. If it wasn't for the credit crisis, he could have continued to cover the routine withdrawals.

HerefordSire":u4t1zpp4 said:
Brandon...It is the spirit of the proposed law. It is not worth going to the pen for tax evasion. Even if you don't get caught or if you find a legal loophole, and the guy next door to you is limited because he lacks your family's resources or intelligence or guts, etc., how would you feel with that hanging over your head. I want a clear conscience. I can't afford anything else than a clear conscience.

You want them to be able to paper trail your funds all the way to the church offering because I am itemizing and using all the charitable contributions to decrease the taxable income. I am opposed to this passing; but IF it does I am not going to lay over, sell all the cows, and blow my brains out over it either. IF the law allows me to create 4 C-corps all of them owning 49 cows and all of them paying me a management and consulting fee I got no problem organizing my business that way. Ownership of the stocks might have to be put into some sort of trust. If I have relatives that would be willing to buy some cows (owner financed by me) and they get a side of beef and $1500 a year out of the deal and THAT is legal, I think I can work that out too. IF we have to diversify into goats, sheep, bison, pasture pigs, Arabian horses (well.... maybe NOT Arabian horses), and white tail deer I can make that work too. By the time you do all the math, it might pay to just pay the tax and take it off your taxable income to decrease your income taxes too. You never want to do anything blatantly illegal; but the tax code is designed to make tax lawyers and cpas money so there usually is some sort of back door that lets you manage your burden somewhat.

HerefordSire":7kjpqsb8 said:
The federal prisons are full of tax evaders. Here is another famous one.

Wesley Snipes Sentenced To Three Years For Tax Evasion
2008-04-26 01:11:00
3 years. That?s the number of years that Wesley Snipes will be sent to prison for not paying his taxes.

You want to bet if he ever does the time? When you gona answer they "Why" part?

Here is one for you Brandon (Alabama).

The Rev. Gregory Clarke, pastor of New Hope Baptist Church, checked in to a federal penitentiary in Atlanta around 8 a.m. Friday morning to begin serving a 21-month sentence for tax fraud.

Clarke walked into prison wearing a Crimson Tide jacket and baseball cap. He made the journey on a chartered bus, accompanied by about 50 church members. Other church members and supporters followed in vehicles.

A federal jury convicted Clarke in July 2007 on charges he filed false income tax returns for 2000, 2001 and 2002. At trial prosecutors said Clarke underreported $110,000 in earned income and schemes to deceive the government about the money.

http://exchristian.net/2/2008/02/pastor ... r-tax.html

Wewild":5lg17ubt said:
HerefordSire":5lg17ubt said:

A friend of mine pocketed ALL the local, county, and state sales, cigarette, and alcohol taxes for about 4 years and filed false income tax returns for multiple years. And his gas station/convenience store was right in the middle of town within sight of city hall (simple logic should tell you to never steal more than 25% of the govt's money so we can argue the accounting!!!). I thought we would never see him again (and they COULD have locked him up for decades if prosecuted on every count). Every newspaper in the area, some of the Birmingham TV stations, and news/talk radio (where I first heard it) covered it.........and he never spent a night in any jail. I think it cost him over $150g in restitution and fines though he still has his station, his house, cars, life etc after pleading guilty and negotiating a deal (possibly the best case of lawyering I have ever heard of).

Brandonm22":14s6awfw said:
You want them to be able to paper trail your funds all the way to the church offering because I am itemizing and using all the charitable contributions to decrease the taxable income. I am opposed to this passing; but IF it does I am not going to lay over, sell all the cows, and blow my brains out over it either. IF the law allows me to create 4 C-corps all of them owning 49 cows and all of them paying me a management and consulting fee I got no problem organizing my business that way. Ownership of the stocks might have to be put into some sort of trust. If I have relatives that would be willing to buy some cows (owner financed by me) and they get a side of beef and $1500 a year out of the deal and THAT is legal, I think I can work that out too. IF we have to diversify into goats, sheep, bison, pasture pigs, Arabian horses (well.... maybe NOT Arabian horses), and white tail deer I can make that work too. By the time you do all the math, it might pay to just pay the tax and take it off your taxable income to decrease your income taxes too. You never want to do anything blatantly illegal; but the tax code is designed to make tax lawyers and cpas money so there usually is some sort of back door that lets you manage your burden somewhat.

You keep believing that if you want. Scroll down almost all the way in the referenced document.

Illinois man pleads guilty to tax evasion, made false statement on 1003
2007-01-31 15:07:02
In the following press release Randy G. Massey, Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of Illinois, announced that on January 17, 2007, ERIC DEAN TROUTT, age 40 of Sandoval, Illinois, pled guilty to the offenses of Tax Evasion and Making a False Statement to a Financial Institution. The offenses carry a total statutory maximum possible punishment of up to thirty-five years imprisonment, a fine of up to $1,250,000, five years supervised release, and mandatory restitution. Sentencing is scheduled for April 16, 2007.ERIC DEAN TROUTT admitted as part of the plea that he evaded the assessment of federal income tax on his 2003 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return by not reporting approximately $200,000 he received as payment for legal services, by filing a false tax return, and by using a trust account to conceal the income. ERIC DEAN TROUTT used the unreported income to purchase luxury vehicles, real estate property, and luxury furniture as well as other various purcha...

Brandonm22":13jrba56 said:
Wewild":13jrba56 said:
HerefordSire":13jrba56 said:

A friend of mine pocketed ALL the local, county, and state sales, cigarette, and alcohol taxes for about 4 years and filed false income tax returns for multiple years. And his gas station/convenience store was right in the middle of town within sight of city hall (simple logic should tell you to never steal more than 25% of the govt's money so we can argue the accounting!!!). I thought we would never see him again (and they COULD have locked him up for decades if prosecuted on every count). Every newspaper in the area, some of the Birmingham TV stations, and news/talk radio (where I first heard it) covered it.........and he never spent a night in any jail. I think it cost him over $150g in restitution and fines though he still has his station, his house, cars, life etc after pleading guilty and negotiating a deal (possibly the best case of lawyering I have ever heard of).

Good post. The feds want your money when your caught you get fines and penalties. They don't want you to go to jail.

He still hasn't answered the "Why?" some go to jail question I posed him. I wonder why?

HerefordSire":nowroxy8 said:
Wewild":nowroxy8 said:
You failed. Everyone knows that. Name another. Why?

I am not sure what you are asking..."Why?"

Why do some go to jail and others not. It was there on the post. I guess I passed your test.

Wewild":fzk47ur3 said:

I am certain he will do some time as he is in there now. I am not following you on the "Why" part.

Wewild":29lq7t08 said:
Good post. The feds want your money when your caught you get fines and penalties. They don't want you to go to jail.

He still hasn't answered the "Why?" some go to jail question I posed him. I wonder why?

I will agree with that. They do want your money and they don't want you in jail. If you or your family don't have restitution money, including interest compunded annually, and or they want to make an example out of you, you will go.

The law is not even on the books and people are figuring out how to beat it. Well I think the best way to beat it is to stop the law before it makes it to print! :banana: :banana: :banana:

HerefordSire":3n2xcgd9 said:
Wewild":3n2xcgd9 said:

I am certain he will do some time as he is in there now. I am not following you on the "Why" part.

If he does do time it could be 1 of 2 answers to the "Why".

HerefordSire":3te28bmu said:
Wewild":3te28bmu said:

I will agree with that. They do want your money and they don't want you in jail. If you or your family don't have restitution money, including interest compunded annually, and or they want to make an example out of you, you will go.

That would be one of the acceptable answers. Good job. Even if I gave it to you. I got to go. See you tomorrow.

Wewild":1vmptoqu said:
HerefordSire":1vmptoqu said:
Wewild":1vmptoqu said:

If he does do time it could be 1 of 2 answers to the "Why".

I think he was fined $5M also. Not sure if he had it or not. He could have run out of money or maybe they made an example out of him because he was famous.

Latest posts