Cow standing ? Who to use ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I think if I had a cow that I'd tried 5 times with 4 different AI techs on a natural heat that I would not have used a $600 straw of semen on her. I would have just had a bull cover her or give her 2 straws of $50 (or less) semen 8-12 hrs apart plus the GnRH. Costly whoops.
I got over excited.

I think if I had a cow that I'd tried 5 times with 4 different AI techs on a natural heat that I would not have used a $600 straw of semen on her. I would have just had a bull cover her or give her 2 straws of $50 (or less) semen 8-12 hrs apart plus the GnRH. Costly whoops.
Agree with the 2 straws, she did have two AI calves after being synced. Don't agree on using bulls though, A.I. Calves pay more than enough to miss here and there. I should have IVF flushed that straw to Net Worth.

Congratulations! That's awesome the cow is finally bred. I wonder to which insemination? She has been bred several times. I believe the blood test. They are supposed to be pretty accurate.

....wonder what riding you saw. Pregnant cows will ride other cows that are in heat...

Congratulations! That's awesome the cow is finally bred. I wonder to which insemination? She has been bred several times. I believe the blood test. They are supposed to be pretty accurate.

....wonder what riding you saw. Pregnant cows will ride other cows that are in heat...
She took to the first ai . I waited 32 days and preg tested her today.

That's the million dollar question. They were mounting her 20 days after we ai'd her with the $600 straw.

That's the million dollar question. They were mounting her 20 days after we ai'd her with the $600 straw.

On the cows that were mounting her, were they 3rd trimester pregnant? Also ck her again after 60 days because hormones (if short bred but lost) can stay in system long enough causing positive preg test.

Latest posts