Cow standing ? Who to use ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old cow in heat. I can’t decide what bull to use . I have the following in my tank
Confidence Plus
GAR Ashland ( I don’t know why)
DB Iconic
EXT
Right Time
Stunner
Ten Speed
Sitz Barricade
DB wheelhouse
She is my favorite cow. She is my second pick to use C Plus on. My bulls go to Texas , heifers aren’t sold unless they cull themselves. Any advice ? AAA#19154267.

Attachments

• IMG_4579.MOV
    7.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Stickney94

Reaction score
Considering what Confidence Plus straws have brought recently . . . hard to use one of those on anything other than an ET/flush project.

Be honest with your goal and attack that. All of those bulls listed are good bulls. Ashland may even be a good cross for that cow (couldn't get the video/picture to play).

OP
R

Richnm

Reaction score
Considering what Confidence Plus straws have brought recently . . . hard to use one of those on anything other than an ET/flush project.

Be honest with your goal and attack that. All of those bulls listed are good bulls. Ashland may even be a good cross for that cow (couldn't get the video/picture to play).
That’s what I was thinking. I have 2 left

Son of Butch

Reaction score
GAR Ashland would help the carcass traits she needs and some sc improvement.
Assuming Connealy Confidence Plus - he would too - but below average sc makes me shy away from him for her.

Ten Speed would work because she has good feet to handle/offset Ten X feet.

GoWyo

Reaction score
Right Time, but I focus on making replacements. Bull calf would make a great herd bull if not worried about numbers. Have a RT bull I raised that is making some real nice calves and may skip AI on the cows I put with him next spring.

J+ Cattle

Reaction score
I could tell from your first post that you were really wanting to use Confidence Plus. I think you would have had doubts or be disappointed if you had used anything else. Forget the semen costs, it's only money, and a great calf is priceless...

OP
R

Richnm

Reaction score
I could tell from your first post that you were really wanting to use Confidence Plus. I think you would have had doubts or be disappointed if you had used anything else. Forget the semen costs, it's only money, and a great calf is priceless...
I wanted to use C Plus on my Power Play x Saguhatchee heifer. My Renown cow was 2nd pick for C Plus. The Power Play heifer was my top choice because of her depth and rib , looks like an dinosaur rib cage.

Last edited:

J+ Cattle

Reaction score
I wanted to use C Plus on my Power Play x Saguhatchee heifer. My Renown cow was 2nd pick for C Plus. The Power Play heifer was my top choice because of her depth and rib , looks like an dinosaur rib cage.
Well you still have one straw left to use on your Power Play x Saugahatchee heifer So I guess it worked out fine.
It doesn’t improve anything while it’s in the tank ;)

Latest posts