Cow Sale Saturday

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher

Reaction score
Our local barn had a special sale Saturday.
There was around 70 bulls and good, with papers. Was unusual to have that many.
The good pairs went average 1650, long horn prs. 1100. The less desirable went from 650 to 950 pair. Good young black cows 1100 to 1200 non reg open or 1st. Reg somewhat higher.
I though this is real good for the time of year, but the tight wads were buying as if there wasn't ever going to be anymore cattle for sale. Am I right or wrong?

Price of hay here has doubled this year and feeder prices are down a bit but good cows are selling OK at about $1050 to $1250 each. You don't seem to hear so much about waiting for the cattle cycle to bottom before buying cows.

My cousin is a seed salesmen and he has never been so busy in December.

I never seem to have the kind of income problem that requires me to make a lot of year end purchases - - but some folks must have made too many $ this year so they are investing/spending it to reduce 2007 taxes...

stock cows an pairs are selling good here as well as dairy cattle.was talking to my hauler as loaded a springing heifer.an he showed me ome sales sheets on beef cows.the guy payed from $850 to $1350 for a char an some blk pairs.a sales sheet on some holsteins was from $1500 to $2500 a hd.so cows are still up here.

Latest posts