Cow Problem..

Help Support CattleToday:

K2011

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure of the age on this cow...but she is basicly the "lead" cow or the dominant cow...but I noticed yesterday she was standing 'different' than usual and today she is walking very different. with her tail slightly up...any ideas what could be wrong with her? She has a 6 month old heifer calf at side. I have a video of her walking - she hasn't really lost weight so I have no idea what could be wrong with her --...I don't think she is bloated b/c one side isn't more swollen than the other...

http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr304/ETDroptine/Cow/?action=view&current=9ae0a84a.pbr

dun":1pqijhdg said:
Recent change of diet, or hard stools?

Not really, I mean they just get hay every other day and grass in the pasture...not sure about the stool

How does she stand? Hunched up? Arched back? Does she grunt when she walks? It seems that walking with a normal gait is painful so she steps very short.

Could be anything from a injury to hardware, I am leaning towards hardware.

CKC1586":1usajn0i said:
Is there a bull running in with her?
Have you looked at the foot to see if there is anything in it or stuck between her toes?

There is a bull in the pasture with her...but he does not seem "interested" in her at all...
I did not see anything in between the toes.

KNERSIE":1usajn0i said:
How does she stand? Hunched up? Arched back? Does she grunt when she walks? It seems that walking with a normal gait is painful so she steps very short.

Could be anything from a injury to hardware, I am leaning towards hardware.

She stands just slightly hunched - I haven't heard her grunt when she walks

Latest posts