Cow problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24":1kmwedot said:
Are they gonna be able to eat ok with out the uppers? Gees they look OK right now, but what about the winter time when they need to be tougher to eat the hay we feed?

How come I can't find any of the lost teeth that they were bound to have dropped in the pastures some where?

Do they have Cattle dentists out there?

What should I do? :p :lol:

Dang, and I thought there was some cow savey on this board. Any GOOD cattleman knows they have to be fit with partials to after they are weaned. I go the cheap route and just give them Bubba teeth. All thes fat cows around with no uppers. Just imagine what they would look like with a full set. :shock:

Gayle Hilgeman":rq756cwn said:
I would sell her because it sound`s like she could maybe a Johnes cow. That`s how we got it started in our herd was
from buying cows.

I agree with this, assuming that by "sell" he means cull, dont pass this disease on to anybody else. Have the animal tested for johnes and cull if positive. If it is Jones, have a whole herd test carried out and cull all carriers. Calves which are exposed to johnes during pregnancy can become persistently infectious without ever showing clinical symptoms so also cull any animals born to johnes infected cows.

check the upper teeth first and if she doesnt have any left, then check the lowers---lol, sorry, I couldn't resist either

Latest posts