Cow Prices???

Help Support CattleToday:

regenwether

Reaction score
I was wondering what the breeding Cow prices are in your next of the woods. I just expanded my herd a bit. I got some straight blood Angus Cows. I'm going to put a polled Herford on them and keep back the Heifers for my Main herd. I know you get what you pay for. The Breeding Cow market has not gotten soft in my area compared to the Feeder Price. I sold some Culls the other day. I got 600+ for them. That makes the replacement cost look better.

Here, the better cows are still high. They have come down some, though. Last spring real nice 1200 lb black springers were 1400-1500 each. Now you can get them for 1100-1200. Last night at a special sale in Harrison, Ark. 800 lb black 2nd period heifers brought 1000 each, I thought that was sky high. A buddy of mine paid 1000 for some 900 lb first calf heifer blacks with 250 lb calves. It still takes 800-1000 to get real good cows. Common cows can be had for 400-700, they have really tumbled in price.

I was in the coffee shop today. I guess there was a cow sale near here last week. One guy had around 80 hd. brd heifers there. They started around 900/hd. but fell from there. I didn't get a answer on how low. I've got mine bought now so the trigger has been pulled. I might of paid a bit much but they are really nice quite cows that are put together right.

Latest posts