Cow Prices in Montana

Help Support CattleToday:

BIZIN

Reaction score
I'm from Canada, wondering what good, young bred cows are worth in Montana?

And if anyone knows of a commercial breeder who has commercial L1 Linebred Horned Herefords that they manage as a purebred outfit(keeping them bred back to L1 hereford bulls and keeping them linebred).

Looking for around 100 bred cows, preferably from one outfit, two at the most.

BIZIN":2t3e2j4x said:

And if anyone knows of a commercial breeder who has commercial L1 Linebred Horned Herefords that they manage as a purebred outfit(keeping them bred back to L1 hereford bulls and keeping them linebred).

Bizin I sent you a PM with a phone number to get ahold of that possibly can give you an answer..Not many hereford herds around my area anymore...

grabbed my directory.
There is Holden; already had a sale; Coopers; Fort Keogh, Sparks, Cherry Springs.
Cherry Springs have heifers for sale even though they are not a L1. The others are listed as L1.
pm me and I will give you all of the contact info.

They asked for Line One. I could have given them alot of names except for that one request.
No Diemerts don't do line breeding.

TNMasterBeefProducer":awaqjx8u said:
Oldtimer":awaqjx8u said:
BIZIN":awaqjx8u said:

Bizin I sent you a PM with a phone number to get ahold of that possibly can give you an answer..Not many hereford herds around my area anymore...

I would imagine not. Most have gone black hided. I hear tell there are only about a hand ful of red angus breeders in your area to oldtimer. There are hardly any here.

Yep the last red angus in the county, U Bar, has a dispersion sale coming up-altho we still have Spear J and Bowles in the general area....

Heres a sight that might help him out with finding what he needs:
http://www.ngrbulls.com

Thanks for the help folks. Guess another problem I'll be running into is bringin cattle from short grass country to our climate. I've been told by alot of guys that cows bought outta that short grass country dont adjust so well.

Trying to find some sale information of Fort Keogh, does anyone know what kinda average their production sale had? or of anyone who might have bulls bought exclusively from Fort Keogh? Talked to a few friends in Montana and they werent too happy with Holdens or Coopers genetics, hard doers, bad feet, and too big. They said to go straight to Fort Keogh, but i assume their sale is pretty high?

BIZIN":2g388ypw said:
Trying to find some sale information of Fort Keogh, does anyone know what kinda average their production sale had? or of anyone who might have bulls bought exclusively from Fort Keogh? Talked to a few friends in Montana and they werent too happy with Holdens or Coopers genetics, hard doers, bad feet, and too big. They said to go straight to Fort Keogh, but i assume their sale is pretty high?

I find it hard to beleive that they are selling bad feet and hard doers. I heard just the opposite the other day from a guy. He said they cant produce anything over a 5 frame. I think a visit may be in order for both of us.JHH

Haven't heard on Ft. Keogh's yet.
Go look at Churchill's cattle, he's got a bull from Keogh's. Maybe ask Dale, he might know.

Latest posts