Cow not physically showing bred?

Help Support CattleToday:

7lazy77

Reaction score
I recently purchased a cow that was preg-checked on 1/13/10 & the vet confirmed she was 5 1/2 - 6 months bred. I picked her up this past weekend & brought her back home (11 hour trip). She should be about 7 months bred, but isn't SHOWING one bit. Is this unusual? Could it just be she shedded some weight from the trip?

Depends on the cow. Some get huge, and some hardly look like they are bred. Plus, at 7 months along, she is really just getting into the stage where the calf is doing a lot of growing.

Also there is a lot of "depends" here to. If she was palpated, and the vet had no idea what birthweight bull was used, that 5 1/2 to 6 months is a best guess based on fetus size.

they are all different some never look bred and can be, some look bred whan they are open. i bought some heifers one time that were all bred, when i unloaded them at the vet some were baggin and one looked real thin so i had her checked she was right with the rest of the heifers and calved right on time.

We have a cow right now that I thought had lost her calf. I gloved up and took a feel. She is probably a couple of weeks from having her calf.
She doesn't look bred either.