Cow not chewing her cud - spitting out cud

Help Support CattleToday:

You might try feeding her 1/2 to 1 lb of beet pulp pellets with her grain. It is a form of roughage that does not need to be chewed like a cud.

Happy that she is doing better.

3MR. I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were joking about the picky eater.

Further update: cow is looking and acting great. Has been chewing her cud fine. I have not seen any new cud out in the pasture. Her coat has a nice shine to it again. Rumen side looks normal again. I sure am glad she turned around. Thanks for all the help! :tiphat:

I had this SAME problem with a cow, was so lost as to what to do so I googled it and this website popped up. I want to FIRST say thank-you to all of your input and say that I bought the probotics and in just 2 mornings of treatment, the third morning NO MORE SQUIRREL CHEEKS!!!! Secondly, I had called my vet BEFORE I got on this website and their answer WAS .....she had something caught in her mouth OR they would need to float her teeth. THEN I read all of your comments and FOUND MY ANSWER!!! Thank-you SO VERY MUCH for sharing because I would had lost my cow. She had gotten to where she had lost a lot of weight, was no longer feeding her calf, and the diarrhea was awful. No more hand feeding her range cubes to help her spit it out!!! I can promise you THIS, I will ALWAYS read this sight before calling my vet from now on. AGAIN, thank-you cattlemen!!!! Peteygirl

Peteygirl":1nrqqaa9 said:
I had this SAME problem with a cow, was so lost as to what to do so I googled it and this website popped up. I want to FIRST say thank-you to all of your input and say that I bought the probotics and in just 2 mornings of treatment, the third morning NO MORE SQUIRREL CHEEKS!!!! Secondly, I had called my vet BEFORE I got on this website and their answer WAS .....she had something caught in her mouth OR they would need to float her teeth. THEN I read all of your comments and FOUND MY ANSWER!!! Thank-you SO VERY MUCH for sharing because I would had lost my cow. She had gotten to where she had lost a lot of weight, was no longer feeding her calf, and the diarrhea was awful. No more hand feeding her range cubes to help her spit it out!!! I can promise you THIS, I will ALWAYS read this sight before calling my vet from now on. AGAIN, thank-you cattlemen!!!! Peteygirl
I agree, this is a great site for any cattleman, as long as you can sort out the humor from the facts/opinions :D These guys know their stuff, and aren't afraid to help others.

Latest posts