Cow News

Help Support CattleToday:

That sounds like a terrible situation. I'd hate to think what they'll find in there. Wish they could have got them offloaded somewhere even if it was where they loaded out from.

What happens if all or most the cattle farmers get out of the business before the government makes its a money lost. Will the prices shoot up and the government be begging for cattle or will they want go all plant-based? Its not just about the food cattle producers leather as well. This president makes my blood boil.

If all or most of the cattlemen get out of the business then imports will rise, chicken consumption will increase and idiots will eat their plant based diet. Same thing that's happening now, just quicker.

What happens if all or most the cattle farmers get out of the business before the government makes its a money lost. Will the prices shoot up and the government be begging for cattle or will they want go all plant-based? Its not just about the food cattle producers leather as well. This president makes my blood boil.

They will just import more cheap beef like they are already doing. We just sold half our herd and the rest will be going within the next few weeks.

May I ask, Are you selling the herd because of the imports or was the decision based on other circumstances? Not asking about what the
reasons were just wonder if the imports tipped the scale?

They will just import more cheap beef like they are already doing. We just sold half our herd and the rest will be going within the next few weeks.

I'll ask. 😊 What made you decide to sell out and what is your next plans?
Ya'll think cows going to get stupid low or go higher? Cow up or cow down?

No its not really the imports, i was just stating that as my opinion to what will happen if all or most of cattle farmers get out.

Im going to take some advice from @callmefence and stock hair sheep. My wife and I have been kicking it around for a little while now and our property is probably better suited for them really.

No its not really the imports, i was just stating that as my opinion to what will happen if all or most of cattle farmers get out.

Im going to take some advice from @callmefence and stock hair sheep. My wife and I have been kicking it around for a little while now and our property is probably better suited for them really.
Add goats, lots of goats. Price is high and much more stable.

Cow numbers are down. More heifers have been put on feed the last couple years than retained for replacements. Several "disasters" and great looses of brood cows has contributed. Floods, fires, even like this record cold in Texas. Older farmers getting out and places getting split up into small "estate farms" with sales to cluless people who just want the tax write offs and no real idea of what farming really entails... so they keep a few cows and are "FARMERS and RANCHERS"......after a couple years they lease it out because they are tired of it, tired of being tied down, or tired of losing their a$$ on the animals they had. Younger generation not wanting to work as hard as the parents and wanting "more" that cannot be bought on farmer pay.......
Bred cows and cow/calf pairs here are up in price. Looking to go up more in some areas.
I told my son a couple years ago that I thought 2022 would be a high point for bred and c/cf prices. We are trending that way in this area. More dairies going out also, and they need something to do with the land that they cannot make crops on.....

Latest posts