cow from east div.

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":3cvd0f60 said:
Tapeworm, for what it's worth, I didn't think any of those things. You're also right about the color issue, great cattle come in all kinds of colors. Some days you annoy the hell out of me (I'm equally sure the feeling is mutual), but I've always had a tremendous respect for you, your knowledge, and your experience. Probably doesn't mean much, but there it is.
MScamp I caught you being wrong AGAIN!! You said " Probably doesn't mean much," but you are wrong. It means very much to me. Thank you
you dont bother me and I will try to cut back on annoying the devil out of you

tapeworm":3jnmep9u said:
I will try to cut back on annoying the devil out of you

I was always told that the lack of devil was a good thing.

memanpa":2zp6wnia said:
i just got off the phone with a buyer that i told about steven's high dollar cattle, he wanted 50 head of show cattle to bring out here for 4-hers and ffa projects so he called steven, at my recommendation, BIG MISTAKE. this is a major buyer in my area for show stock
after a big run around the buyer hung up. recieved a phone call back and the buyer was called a lot of nasty names and a lot of obsenities were said on voice mail!!
so much for recommending him again to a buyer,
glad 99% of the folks on this board are a "LOT" more respectble
when it comes to acceptability!!
i am embarrassed by all of this! :oops: :oops: makes me look bad
incidently i have the recording of the voice mail left to my friend. it is not pretty! :mad:
makes us all look bad
Mema I think I have misjuidged you in the past and for that I apolgize..what your talking about doing for kids is really really special....thank you and your friend for what you do for young peopel

This SC farms is a young person right?? It is a shame that he acted that way and messed things up for other youngsters. His postings have always reminded me of a set of young coyote pups yapping...just making a lot of noise just to hear thereselves make noise. Most of em outgrow that someday..then theres them that never do...there mouth just grows right along with em. Makes you wonder which kind he will be

Muratic":1wgpshxi said:
tapeworm":1wgpshxi said:
I will try to cut back on annoying the devil out of you

I was always told that the lack of devil was a good thing.
Hello again Muratic..I guess folks like me and that ornry brother of yours will probaly have to take your word for that. LOL

tapeworm":28fdeusk said:
msscamp":28fdeusk said:
Tapeworm, for what it's worth, I didn't think any of those things. You're also right about the color issue, great cattle come in all kinds of colors. Some days you annoy the hell out of me (I'm equally sure the feeling is mutual), but I've always had a tremendous respect for you, your knowledge, and your experience. Probably doesn't mean much, but there it is.
MScamp I caught you being wrong AGAIN!! You said " Probably doesn't mean much," but you are wrong. It means very much to me. Thank you
you dont bother me and I will try to cut back on annoying the devil out of you

But, if you did that it just wouldn't be the same! :p :lol: :lol: Besides, it's my problem not yours. You are just fine! :nod:

I'll post a picture of a cow that I think is better than ollie's just because of her udder quality and more feminimity.

HoffCow-resized.jpg

Jake - great cow. Boy you guys are good at getting those cows posed just right. That takes lots of time/patience.
You are right, she has a great udder & super front end.
Again, I'll ask you, how are her calves? Also, your's looks younger????

Jeanne - Simme Valley":7o9rf2e3 said:
Jake - great cow. Boy you guys are good at getting those cows posed just right. That takes lots of time/patience.

not mine. She's one that I've contemplated purchasing 1/2 interest in. She is by far one of the most superior cows I've ever seen. She's deep chested, great overall capacity, THICK as could be. Feminine looking and produces great calves from the pics I've seen. I don't have any pictures anymore sorry. I've got some that I think are as good or almost as good as ollie's but they are the ones that don't like having their photos taken. If I could breed my cattle to something out of ollie's cow I'd have a perfect animal in my mind.

tapeworm":9qmol6ix said:
milkmaid":9qmol6ix said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: All the respect I had for you, tape, just went right down the drain.

Very nice cow, ollie.
young lady I have to say that your posting hurts about as bad as the artheritis tonite..no i think its worse. I sure didnt know that you ahd given me the gift of your respect but for you to say you take it back is like pulling the guts out of me..leaves a hol e that big..and hurts just as bad..respect is importatnt to me..I know most of you dont like me and I can live with that..becasue I understadn that thats the way I am and thers no changing me at this age..I say whats on my mind. But I do at least crave a little respect just like everboidy does..someting everbody needs. Im truely truely sorry you feel that way young lady. More sorrier than youll ever know
Tapeworm -
I know that this note to you is 5 days after the fact - but I felt compelled to comment regarding "Milkmaid's" post to you regarding loss of respect. Your "heartache" feeling came through to me very strongly! I understand how you feel - I really do.The younger generation today has had too much of everything - except a proper up-bringing in the ways of manners, and respect, and consideration of the feelings of other people and just plain courtesy. Our nation is suffering in more ways than Politically and, unfortunately, the younger generation(s) are soon - too soon - going to be in command of businesses, raising THEIR future generations and THEY won't have a clue about what the just general niceties of life are. It is a situation that every civilization experiences, and is the harbinger of the downfall OF that civilization! It is a cycle of life, and because our current "younger" generation has not been taught manners, or morals, or ethics, or virtues, or politeness, or culture, or good taste or even good breeding - we are seeing arrogance, insolence, haughtiness and even defiance of other people regardless others age or experiences in life.

As a retired Dr. I have seen many disagreeable situations in my practice life. Please don't be offended if I offer a suggestion for your inner well-being: Don't let some insignificant comment by an insignificant youth nag and eat at your inner self. Some day this "Milkmaid" might just have her own offspring, in the throes of adolescence and "know-it-all" arrogance scream at her, "I HATE YOU! You don't own me! I know more than you EVER will!" She will have the 'hot iron' jammed in her gut as you have. But she will get over it - just as you will. Feel sorry for her and say a prayer for her. You will feel better for it!

As time progresses, THEY will learn - - and the Sun will come up in the morning!

I pray for you, and know that God understands the entire thing.

DOC HARRIS

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2ghvyf0i said:
I think that I have figured out how these ol' boys get these great cow pictures!

#1) Great Cows!
#2) A little bit of pressure!
#3) A LOT of Patience!
#4) A LOT of just GOOD Cowman experience!
#5) A pretty darned good camera!

DOC HARRIS

Thank You Doctor Harris..thankyou very much...and I never mind a sugestion from you..I didnt like you when I first started reading your postings {I dont have any use for docs] but now I have a lot of respect for your opinions about cattle...and now your about the closest thing Ive got to afamily doctor LOL
And you are so right about our young peopel today. But when you talk about em not having much respect for the feelings of others...well I guess I cant be a hipocrite about that...I sure cant be giving any lessons there..seems like the older I get the less I care about whether or not other peopel smile when they get done talking to me..I speak my piece and they can take it or not..I know I need to change that but just cant seem to get it done

But about the Milkmaid tho...she doesnt fit in with other young peopel..she has explained what she meant and me and her are a-ok. She doesnt beleive that people should be dishonest and thats what she thought I was doing...and shes right not to respect peopel like that. All peopel should hope that there grandkids turn out half as good as the Milkmaid. I want you to read more of her postings before you judge her in with the others Doctor harris. I will probaly sound like an old purvert or something but I look for all her postings..I like to read em all..because she is top notch and super smart..I learn much from her postings Doctor. Give her another chance Doctor Harris please

The Milk maid is differnt than other young people Doctor..I know I dont have enough to tempt a retired doctor like you but I would bet you all my moeny on that. The Milkmaid is special doctor..I bet you my LIFE on that
Thank you for your prayers Doctor

You are welcome, Tapeworm! And, I have to admit - I wrote that post to you before I had read ALL the posts following - so I have to apologize to Milkmaid also - she isn't as dingy as I first thought - - I mean -uh - she isn't as - well - I mean I - mean - uh - - oh, what the heck! I LOVE her. She is pretty darned sharp and is okay. Milkmaid - - can I come back in the house now, or do I have to stay out here in the cold - shivering and shaking and crying? The country will get along fine - as long as most of the leaders come from Agricultural backgrounds! How's that??

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":5y78zmo6 said:
You are welcome, Tapeworm! And, I have to admit - I wrote that post to you before I had read ALL the posts following - so I have to apologize to Milkmaid also - she isn't as dingy as I first thought - - I mean -uh - she isn't as - well - I mean I - mean - uh - - oh, what the heck! I LOVE her. She is pretty darned sharp and is okay. Milkmaid - - can I come back in the house now, or do I have to stay out here in the cold - shivering and shaking and crying? The country will get along fine - as long as most of the leaders come from Agricultural backgrounds! How's that??

DOC HARRIS

I guess that would work by me... can I be President though?

Well I'm completely tongue-tied. :lol: :D You all are so sweet and I know I don't deserve half the compliments coming my way....but, they sure put a smile on my face for the day. :)

And no worries, Doc. ;-)

milkmaid":wbu3dll3 said:
Well I'm completely tongue-tied. :lol: :D You all are so sweet and I know I don't deserve half the compliments coming my way....but, they sure put a smile on my face for the day. :)

And no worries, Doc. ;-)

I beg to differ. You have earned and deserve every one of them, my dear! ;-) You are an exceptional young lady! I wouldn't mind having about 6 just like you! :D

Beefy":1um3sh82 said:
i dont know, 6 might be pushing it just a little bit...

You'd definitely have to have a purty decent size facility to house all their critters.

Kids are like barns and ponds. If they are made right , the more you have the better off you are.

Latest posts