Cow flop in hay rings!

Help Support CattleToday:

TexLonghornRanch

Reaction score
How do full size cows drop flop in the middle of a hay ring? This drives me crazy! :mad:

God help the cow I catch dropping flop in the water trough! :stop: I will catch her one of these days! :mad:

Sorry for the rant, sometimes the girls test my patience!

How? They just do it for their amusement to see you lose your cool. :D ;-)

Them cows don't know any better, Tex...that's why your around to clean their messes up.

I've got a calf this year that lays down in the feed trough everytime I feed the cows some cubes. It's driving me nuts. Not sure how or why he's doing it. And then he just lays there until I walk over and shoo him out. I've got to get a picture for ya'll to see.

Granted, it not's the same kind of flop, but it is perplexing. ;-)

They don;t want to do it outside of the ring cause they might step in it and get their feet dirty

TexLonghornRanch":2cs1waq9 said:
How do full size cows drop flop in the middle of a hay ring? This drives me crazy! :mad:

God help the cow I catch dropping flop in the water trough! :stop: I will catch her one of these days! :mad:

Im sorry but this just brings up the funniest pictures in my minds eye. Hey! How about installing a flush lever on the water tank. When she drops flop and goes to flush, she will leave a hoof print on the lever. Call the FBI and run the print, and you have your culprit!!!

Since going to the hay cradles, flopping in the cow rings is no longer an issue.

They wade out into the stock tanks and flop all the time. Cows are just cows. Put those cold climate cattle here in Texas in the summer, and they'll spend the whole day in the stock tanks panting. They have to flop some time.

TexLonghornRanch":26cp001c said:
Another thing I hate is when the cows lick my truck......... always gives me a case of red a@@! :stop: :stop: :stop:

:D

Me too. That dirt is the only thing holding my truck together...

I have one cow that I want to cull so badly but she puts out some of the best keepers. She dose not care about my dogs and will walk right by them when there nipping at her to stay. She will back right up to my truck or trailer and let a load loose about 2wice a week.

But she is the first one when I need them to do something. She is already eating the new grass in the new padlock before it's time for all the cows to be there. When it's time to move from pasture to pasture she is the leader almost every time. When we have to run them through the shoot she will push to be the first so she gets it over with. She got 3 first place ribbons one year. She puts out some of the best calves out of the whole bunch.

mobgrazer":f63xfk24 said:
I have one cow that I want to cull so badly but she puts out some of the best keepers. She dose not care about my dogs and will walk right by them when there nipping at her to stay. She will back right up to my truck or trailer and let a load loose about 2wice a week.

But she is the first one when I need them to do something. She is already eating the new grass in the new padlock before it's time for all the cows to be there. When it's time to move from pasture to pasture she is the leader almost every time. When we have to run them through the shoot she will push to be the first so she gets it over with. She got 3 first place ribbons one year. She puts out some of the best calves out of the whole bunch.

You'll have a really great time the first time you try to do something with them after she's gone. They seem to get that Steptoe and Johnny routine going, "After you, no, after you, no, after you"

TexLonghornRanch":1pwcmbsl said:

you do know their animals? and not very paticular with the personal hygene..... why else would they drink from the same mud hole while another cow is pi$$ing in it.. do you ever see nasal discharge, floating in a stock tank where on runny nose cow just drank ...............best practice you can do is keep on all on the same health plain

i had a simmi bull that would do that in his feed bucket the second i walked out there with the feed. he made me soo mad. but i got yelled at if i didn't feed bully.

grubbie":3mdfc0qt said:
TexLonghornRanch":3mdfc0qt said:

Im sorry but this just brings up the funniest pictures in my minds eye. Hey! How about installing a flush lever on the water tank. When she drops flop and goes to flush, she will leave a hoof print on the lever. Call the FBI and run the print, and you have your culprit!!!

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Grubbie, you're forgetting something - that only works if she has been previously arrested for 'flopping' in the water tank! ;-) :lol2:

TexLonghornRanch":375b2f0g said:

The same way they crap in the feed bunks, in spite of the fact that the boards above said feed bunk are even with the inside edge of the feed bunk - practice, and determination! ;-)

If cows can upset you this much, stay away from goats! They will have you in a straight jacket inside of .02 seconds! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

msscamp":1u4ez380 said:
TexLonghornRanch":1u4ez380 said:

The same way they crap in the feed bunks, in spite of the fact that the boards above said feed bunk are even with the inside edge of the feed bunk - practice, and determination! ;-)

If cows can upset you this much, stay away from goats! They will have you in a straight jacket inside of .02 seconds! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Don't forget hog's...

I noticed I had a little cow flop (green seasoning) on my hamburger bun the last time we worked cows. It's OK as long as you take a turn with the pour on wormer (you always get some on yourself).

You have got to laugh about it though, But yes same problem everywhere ..... even in Australia, Had a Stud bull, hand fed twice a day, guarantee most mornings he would leave his calling card in his feeder, so away I would go to wash it out so he could have his meal served on a clean plate, then one day I was so pinged of with this ritual I just tipped the feed in on top of HIS mess, and can you believe he ate every last bit of it. Cattle are filthy, even the cows, all the space they could relieve themselves but NO .... lets just turn around while we are waiting for our feed and fill the tyre feeder :???:
Yep they can drive you ..... almost as much as kids.

Latest posts