cow down

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a heifer that had a calf that was too big. The calf died and she is down. we have been working with her to get her up. This happened wed. night. It is now sat. morn. I don't want to lose her. Any ideas as to how to get her up? She is eating and drinking and have given her LA200 to fight off infection. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

She has probably just pinched a nerve and is semi-paralized in the back end. If you have a sling to get her up that is the way to go. If not she should recover anyway, just figure a little longer.Just give her time to heal a little and for the swelling around the nerve to go down. I had the same thing happen last year to us.Good Luck. Janet<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Mary Ann<br> Janet gave you the same advice that I would.We have used a tractor & boom pole to help them get up.Be sure the harness supports the weight equally & not just the belly area.This was probably a bull calf,wasn't it? In any event,if the heiffer recovers,you should get rid of her.<p>G.Wayne Holt<br>Holt Cattle Farm<br>Jackson,Alabama<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts