• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cow coming back into heat, need advice?

Help Support CattleToday:

BryanM

Reaction score
tonight I witness a cow that was just bred on 7/2, she was trying to mount another cow but the other cow would not stand. The cow that was just ai'd on 7/2 had slime coming out of her when she tried to ride the other cow. Is she coming back into heat? on a short cycle of only 8 days???

so I slapped a patch on her? I guess we will see? Not sure on this one and the last ai felt good?

Bright Raven

Reaction score
You have two signs. Combined, they make a statement that she is in heat. What evidence did you have that she was in heat preceding the 7/2 breeding?

dun

Reaction score
If she cycles short again, dive her a shot of GnRH. Short cycles like that generally mean they are cystic.

OP
B

BryanM

Reaction score
we set her up for 7/2 breeding - meaning observed stand heat, plus all the typical stuff, red patch, slime.

Bright Raven

Reaction score
BryanM":2wf6nbvv said:
we set her up for 7/2 breeding - meaning observed stand heat, plus all the typical stuff, red patch, slime.

That supports what dun said. A cystic ovary. GnRH like Cystorelin is the standard treatment.

dun

Reaction score
I would AI her and give GnRH at the time I AIed.

Latest posts